Best Players Bought in Your First Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Players Bought in Your First Season

I was wondering who is your best signing and why?

Freddie Klokker has been decent for me at Durham but Shakib Al Hasan has been a flop for me at Northants.I have also realised Chibabha (Zimbabwe) is priced highly at 70,000, Prosper Utseya and Graeme Cremer (two youngsters) look okay players and Chigumbra looks a decent all-rounder but are they worth it.Is Brendan Nash a cheap and cheerful signing? (he's definitely cheap).And what counties don't start off with overseas players (I know Northants doesn't).

List your top 5 best and/or worst signings.

Generally youth players, though I have started a game with northhants and bought S Ghani from pakistan and in the first match he made 212 from 280 in a total of 500.

Comment

i also found klokker very useful as a wicketkeeper/batsman. saqlain mushtaq is also always available at the start. hes very useful if you start at a county who dont have a good spinner tho i always sign a spinner from overseas after the first season.

Comment

Mushtaq and Jermain Lawson are useful first year buys.

Comment

Murli Vijay in the second season and Abhinav Mukund in the third have been magnificant for me. More than 1800 runs by both and back to back triple hundreds by murli vijay

Comment

Originally posted by dontask View Post
            i also found klokker very useful as a wicketkeeper/batsman. saqlain mushtaq is also always available at the start. hes very useful if you start at a county who dont have a good spinner tho i always sign a spinner from overseas after the first season.
            Overseas spinners are the match winners year-in year-out.

I always save about 70,000 to get a good one, and they get 10 or 12 "5 wicket hauls" a year a couple of 10's and a solid 80 to 100 wickets at say 21 or 22 runs.

Scritty
            The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
              Overseas spinners are the match winners year-in year-out.

I always save about 70,000 to get a good one, and they get 10 or 12 "5 wicket hauls" a year a couple of 10's and a solid 80 to 100 wickets at say 21 or 22 runs.

Scritty
              100% agree. i have vithana in season 2 at middlesex and he averages 17 with the ball in the championship for me. the fact he doesnt play internationals for sri lanka or play in the 'overseas competition' yet means hes worth every penny of the 72k i pay him for a season.

i also used to sign prasad wickramasinge in an older version and he was basically the same. anyone who signs an overseas spinner cant go far wrong

Comment

For Northants, I signed Jandre Coetzee and he kicked ass. Ten wickets in the game and 150 not out. First game of the season. Otherwise, Saqlain Mushtaq.

Comment

Originally posted by dontask View Post
                  100% agree. i have vithana in season 2 at middlesex and he averages 17 with the ball in the championship for me.
                  Vithana was with Worcestershire until 2016 (all bar one season when he wasn't available) now I have a Zimbabwe spinner who is almost as good.

Scritty
                  The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I normally try to sign youth players . Or keepers/players with good fielding skill . I just don't like the players who drop catches .

In test/FC match 1 dropped catch can cost 200+ runs .

I like Shoaib Akhtar . He bowls faster than any other fast bowler in ICC . He's a true match winner .

Tips- Teach Shakib Al Hasan Batting technique>Aggressive shots or he will fail you .

Comment

Working...
                    X