Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
    Yeah, he's a 22 year old who has only played 9 first-class matches, [/URL]
    That's not far away from Graeme Smith's record when he was appointed captain of his country.

Seemed to work for him.

But not so sure about RHB, but who knows. :-)

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I'd have let Stewart Walters keep it or give it to Usman Afzaal. Let Ramps focus on batting. We need him to

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
        Yeah, he's a 22 year old who has only played 9 first-class matches, albeit with a decent amount of success as a batsman at least. However, for a team on a slide for the past <I really have no idea, I probably haven't been alive long enough> years, I can see that taking a punt that has a slim chance of paying off could be worthwhile, and, seeing as Adams will probably give him most of his tactics anyway, it might have been worth offering the captaincy just to lure him away from us... Maybe it was that 171 against Yorkshire that prompted Adams to make the offer...

P.S. - The Surrey limited overs kit does clash nicely with the strawberry flavoured ball.
        I got to see a bit of him last season (what with working at Hove 'n' all) and he's got talent, but he's not really got the results that his talent shows. I can't a thing about his captaincy attributes, only other stuff I know about him is that he drives a big Range Rover and his Dad is rich...

Comment

Yeah, apparently, he's always been captain of his agegroups and such, but it's a bit different to trying to captain Ramps, who's 18 years older than he is! Anyway, RHB's finding out how tough captaincy is already, with (as I write) Derbyshire at 254/3 against them on day one of the season. I seem to remember us both suggesting he had little talent about half-way through last season in some other off-topic conversation, but then he hit a few sixes and took the headlines in a T20 quarterfinal, which made us all rate him a bit higher I guess. He is quite good in one day cricket, but how he'll cope with FC and the championship? We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
          X