First Time on icc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time on icc

i have recently bought icc09 and have never played any of the previous versions of the game. i have tried to play it but cannot understand haow to play it properly please could someone give me ideas on how to post a big score and also to bowl really well and what team is good for a beginner..

Originally posted by solaman1940 View Post
    i have recently bought icc09 and have never played any of the previous versions of the game. i have tried to play it but cannot understand haow to play it properly please could someone give me ideas on how to post a big score and also to bowl really well and what team is good for a beginner..
    If you have a look at the root folder where you have installed ICC there is a notepad file called 'Tips'. This is very handy to use to go through and understand the intracacies of the game.
    Other than that, just comes with playing countless hours and understanding how the engine works and how everything works. Not hard once you get the hang of it.
    I'd say start on easy, then once you've kinda mastered it go to Normal.

In terms of teams, County-wise a good one to start with is Surrey or Durham IMO, Notts are good too.
    Australia obviously are great to start with in International Mode. The other countries are more challenging.

I swear I saw a manual somewhere that explains the game, but I cant find it for the life of me. Might be on the net, or Imager or the Mods can shed some light on this.

Good luck!
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Thanks for the namecheck, trademarc, I'm obviously on here too often
      I would say that Durham, Sussex and Notts are the best counties, and India and Australia are good countries.

As regards the manual, it's in the root directory (I think it's normally C://Program Files/Childish Things/International Cricket Captain 2009) and then Manuals, and it's also online, here - http://childishthings.com/downloads/...2009Manual.pdf

P.S - Just looked through it and the manual isn't really very good... Something to improve on, and it's signposting, in ICC2010, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
      X