England Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England Youth

This is my first attempt at a story, I call it England Youth! I have set myself the target to getting to the top of the world with a side with every player under the age of 21. I don't know if this has been done before but it is a huge target. My next post will be with the squad to face the West Indies.

Every player under the age of 21!

Wow... Never been done before, but do remember that regens come through at 18-23, so some of the best regens may never even get the chance to play. I would go so far as to call getting to #1 unachieveable, so good luck and prove me wrong!

Comment

Provisional Squad

The ECB Have Decided To Release A Provisional 30-Man Squad For The Whole Of The 2009/10 Season To Ease The Selection Process.

This Statement Has Been Released By The ECB
      We Have Released A 30-Man Provisional Squad For The 2009/10 Season:

Batsmen

J Cobb
      J Mickleburgh
      B Godleman
      D Malan
      P Borrington
      V Chopra (Capt.)
      D Redfern
      T Westly
      G Smith
      A Wakely
      J Taylor
      J Maynard
      S Northeast

All Rounders

L Dawson
      R Whitely
      C Jordan
      J Harris

Wicket Keepers

T Poynton
      R Johnson
      B Brown
      A Wheater
      M Blanc

Bowlers

H Riacuddin
      C Woakes
      M Westfield
      S Meaker
      I Saxelby
      B Bailey
      S Finn
      W Beer
      The ECB Have Also Released A Twelve Man Squad For The Tour Of The West Indies:

This Statement Has Been Released By The ECB

We Have Released A 12-Man Squad For The Test Tour Of The West Indies:

Opener: V Chopra (Capt.)
      Opener: G Smith
      Batsman: J Cobb
      Batsman: S Northeast
      Batsman: J Taylor
      Wicket K: R Johnson
      All Rounder: L Dawson
      Bowler: C Woakes
      Bowler: W Beer
      All Rounder: C Jordan
      Bowler: M Westfield
      Sub: S Finn
      This England Youth Team Will All Be Making Their Debuts For England. I Have Elected V Chopra As Captain As He Is The Most Experienced At County Form.
      Last edited by SmartyPants; 12-24-2009, 01:25 PM. Reason: New Team Released

Comment

Challenges

Well I Have Learn't Two Things From This First Test Against The West Indies. Number One - That This Will We A Huge Challenge And Number Two - That This Team Has The Potential To Do Well In The Future, We Just Have To Work On The Bowling, This Was Not A Bad Idea After All!

Good Game: G Smith, S Northeast, R Johnson

Bad Game: M Westfield, W Beer, C Woakes

Comment

How do you take a screenshot?

Does it affect your computer or your game?

Comment

Alex Wakely:Fantastic player, my opener for Northamptonshire.

Varun Chopra: Decent number 6,7/8 batsman for Essex.Well underestimated.

Joshua Cobb:Top order batsman for Lancashire i think.

Bud Bailey:Good fast bowler, struggles to take wickets at first class level, but is brilliant for 2x1 due to lack of experience.He came into my squad as a replacement for Panesar as he was on international duty.

Chris Woakes:Quality, first got into England 1X1 for the first england tour on game.

S Northeast:Real life England U19 player recently I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicacricketfan11 View Post
              Alex Wakely:Fantastic player, my opener for Northamptonshire.

Varun Chopra: Decent number 6,7/8 batsman for Essex.Well underestimated.

Joshua Cobb:Top order batsman for Lancashire i think.

Bud Bailey:Good fast bowler, struggles to take wickets at first class level, but is brilliant for 2x1 due to lack of experience.He came into my squad as a replacement for Panesar as he was on international duty.

Chris Woakes:Quality, first got into England 1X1 for the first england tour on game.

S Northeast:Real life England U19 player recently I think.
              I Think So Too, Bearing In Mind They Have To Be Under 21, Any Adustments You Would Make??

Comment

This Is How To Add ScreenShots, Thanks CyberCricketer.

Origianlly Posted By CyberCricketer

1. In the game, go to Options > disable Full Screen (you may already have fullscreen off)

2. Go to the scorecard of the game and press 'Shift + Print-Screen' (at the same time) on your keyboard.

3. Then I go to a program called 'Windows Picture Manager' (I have Microsoft Office '07 and Vista) and paste the picture in there. Becasue the game wasn't on full-screen you should be able to see some of your desktop around the edge of the scorecard in the picture.

4. Click on the picture once you have pasted it into Pic Manager, then go to 'Edit Picture' > 'Crop'. Use the black markers around the picture to cut off whatever you don't need, then click OK. You may need to resize the picture ('Edit Picture' > 'Resize') so that it will fit in the thread here. I resize mine to about 600 x 500 pixels. Rename the picture and save.

5. Then you need to have a Photobucket or Imageshack account. They're both free so make one if you don't already have one. I use Photobucket.

6. Once you have an account, you can upload that saved picture and then you have an option to 'Save & Get Links'. Click on it.

7. There will be three or four urls available for you to use. Select the 'Image' one: [IMG]url[/IMG]. Copy and paste that into your thread here and you should see the picture.

Comment

James Vince is a good batsman
                  Phil Neale (an absolute must for ICC 2010 so probably not applicable) is a gun keeper

good luck, this would be far easier if u chose to do it with Pakistan, just about every player is under 25
                  Couldn't agree with me more on that one..

Comment

C Woakes Kills 4 me. Im playing Durham and last season (2010) he took 121 wickets at an avrage of 29.62!

Comment

2nd Test vs West Indies

The Squad Has Been Announced For The Must Win 2nd Test Vs West Indies.

The ECB Have Released A 12-Man Squad For The 2nd Test

Opener: S Northeast
                      Opener: G Smith
                      Batsman: A Wakley
                      Batsman: J Cobb
                      Wicket-Keeper: R Johnson
                      Batsman: V Chopra
                      All-Rounder: L Dawson
                      All-Rounder: C Jordon
                      Bowler: C Woakes
                      Bowler: S Meaker
                      Bowler: S Finn
                      Sub: B Bailey
                      Edit - C Woakes Injured - Out For 4 Weeks, B Bailey Replaces For 2nd Test
                      Last edited by SmartyPants; 01-02-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

West Indies - Lost 1-0

Having So Much Fun With The Batting That I Let Them Carry On For A Record Score - Match Drawn!

Good Game: S Northeast, J Cobb, S Finn

Bad Game: G Smith, V Chopra, C Jordan

Comment

Wow... must have been the a seriously good batting track.

Comment

Never get carried away in a must-win test

Comment

Well I Knew I Would Lose... Just Look At How Much They Got!

Comment

Working...
                              X