No announcement yet.

Another Frozen Summer: A New Zealand Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One tiny question... Why did Eathorne make it into the test squad with an average of less than 10 as a batsman?

Comment

he was picked as an opening bat for the T20 WC as he averages 37.5 in the shorter version of the game, and also i didnt notice his FC average.

This is also New Zealand
      Couldn't agree with me more on that one..

Comment

Oh yeah, didn't notice him in the T20 squad, and I knew New Zealand were struggling, but seriously

Comment

4th ODI

well back from our christmas hiatus where the black caps enjoyed lamb on the big day. the food was well received too....

an insipid performance. we bowled poorly. we batted marginally better. and we lost the series as a result. Shane Bond returned in place of Tim Southee; bad move

Votes:
          3- McCullum
          2- Vettori
          1- Ryder

Comment

With the series already lost, BJ Watling, a 24 year old keeper comes in to give McCullum a rest, while Travis Boult and Tim Southee return in place of SHane Bond and Jeetan Patel

well a pretty easy victory in the end, set up by good early bowling and captain Vettori taking regular wickets. Jacob Oram picked up 1/25 off his 10. An opening stand of 175 off 176 balls helped us reach the target with 8 overs to spare. Guptill's 130 from 128 was second to none as was Anderson's knock, his second 75+ score opening the betting in his first series.

Votes
            3- Guptill
            2- Vettori
            1- Anderson

in other news the Dion Nash Medal has been renamed the Danny Morrisson Medal

Comment

ODI Series
              Batting Aggregate: Corey Anderson 167 runs @ 55.67(3 innings) 2 50s s/r: 93.8
              Bowling Aggregate: Daniel Vettori 12 wkts @ 21.1 BB 3/36 & James Franklin 12 wkts @ 23.7 BB 4/41

Man of Series: Jacob Oram

now off to Pakistan

Comment

Test Squad to tour Pakistan:

Opening Batsmen:
                Martin Guptill
                Anaru Kitchen
                Scott Eathorne - FC ave. 12.86

Batsmen:
                Corey Anderson
                Daniel Flynn
                Ross Taylor VC
                Kane Williamson

Wicketkeepers:
                Brendon McCullum VC
                BJ Watling

All Rounders:
                Jesse Ryder
                Jacob Oram
                James Franklin
                Daniel Vettori C

Fast Bowlers:
                Tim Southee
                Shane Bond
                Ili Tugaga 19

Spinners
                Robbie Schaw LS
                Roneel Hira SLA

Comment

Just because Eathorne performed well in the one-dayers, doesn't mean he will in Tests. That 12.86 average looks very dodgy, how many games has he played?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCricketer View Post
                    Just because Eathorne performed well in the one-dayers, doesn't mean he will in Tests. That 12.86 average looks very dodgy, how many games has he played?
                    To be fair to the lad, that average has gone up 76.8% between the start of the Sri Lanka series and now

Comment

Good read so far, even if you havnt had the results go your way, KUTGW

Comment

Eathorne is not only the crowd favourite but also the team's spiritual leader and he may end up with a cult following. He recently notched his first FC 50 so the sky's the limit

Comment

coming off no cricket for some time we were always going to struggle. the pitch was a good one for batting so Robbie Schaw, a 21-year old leggie came in for James Franklin and Ili Tugaga, a 19-year old quick made his debut.

The side in batting order
                          Guptill
                          Eathorne
                          Ryder
                          Flynn
                          Taylor
                          Oram
                          McCullum
                          Vettori
                          Schaw
                          Southee
                          Tugaga

Set 500 to win on a deteriorating batting pitch is a tough ask in any man's language but thanks to Ryder, Vettori, Taylor and McCullum we nearly forced a draw. Tugaga was the last man out with only 10 balls left in the match. Flynn showed grit in both innings but Guptill got two starts and didn't go on. Franklin will come in for Tugaga or Schaw depending on the pitch. Shane Bond injured himself on test match eve which means we are a bowler short.

Votes
                          3- Ryder
                          2- Vettori
                          1- Taylor

Comment

Losing the toss on a spinning wicket, i hoped to restrict the Pakistanis to around 320 but as history will show, that wasn't quite the case

Corey Anderson came in for his test debut, replacing the more defensive Daniel Flynn, whilst Tagaga lost his spot to James Franklin. Ross Taylor moved up the order to number four, but all that seems somewhat unimportant compared to the result of the test. Southee and Franklin swung the ball to have Pakistan 5 down in the first dig and 4 down in the second at the end of their opening spells. Ryder and Vettori chipped in with 4 and 5 for the match respectively. Taylor threw away a century, as did Anderson who upped the ante as the tail wasn't wagging. Eathorne hit the winning runs with 16 of his 19 coming in boundaries. What a star

Votes
                            3- Franklin
                            2- Taylor
                            1- Vettori

Comment

With the series one-all going into the last test, i thought i was a chance to win my first series but alas, it was same song, different singer

Franklin produced one of the finest all round performances to back up Taylor's magnificent innings. Anderson and Southee both played beyond their years to return good performances. Franklin picked up his second MOM award in as many games, having missed the first test. We were a bowler sort, with Oram injured during the 2nd test and in the end it probably cost us. Eathorne also hit his first test match 50, scoring 57 off 184 balls. Franklin and Southee combined for 130 for the 9th wicket.

Votes-
                              3- Franklin
                              2- Taylor
                              1- Southee

Comment

Current award leaders:
                                Hadlee Medal-
                                Vettori - 21 Votes
                                Taylor- 17 Votes
                                Franklin- 15 Votes
                                Oram- 14 Votes

Crowe Medal-
                                Taylor- 517 @ 47, 1x100 2x50 HS: 123
                                Guptill- 388 @ 35.3, 0x100 2x50 HS: 93
                                Ryder- 354@ 35.4, 0x100 2x50 HS: 78

Morrisson Medal-
                                Vettori- 31@ 22.4 1x5WI 0x10WM BBI: 5/80
                                Southee- 22@ 32.2 0x5WI 0x10WM BBI: 4/58
                                Franklin- 15@ 14.3 1x5WI 0x10WM BBI: 5/101

Comment

Working...
                                X