Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Teams to be picked?

hi guys i am new here and in game too.

can any body help me in deciding with which county team and national team should i start

which are best to start and which are worst to start?

well australia are world number 1 in tests and 2 in ODIs at the start of the game so you could try starting with them

Comment

And if you want a county, I would pick Sussex, Durham or Nottinghamshire as having the best squads, with Durham and Notts having top bowlers.

Comment

Warickshire are also very good

Comment

Yeah, forgot the Warwickshire batting prowess in my list, and although Derbyshire have one of the worst teams (minus Clare), they have a very large basic income (which defeats me mentally)!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
            Yeah, forgot the Warwickshire batting prowess in my list, and although Derbyshire have one of the worst teams (minus Clare), they have a very large basic income (which defeats me mentally)!
            Yeah, derbyshire have just one the division 1 county championship in my save in 2011 though

Comment

That'll be a combination of Clare and money

Comment

so i have picked

county team : Sussex

national team : India

any suggestions regarding what squad i should start with India (i want to play for long)

and about budget management in county team; how should the coaching sessions go; what technique should be given? and which player to buy and which not?

Comment

Seeing as I'm a pretty big Sussex fan, welcome, and just a word of warning on the Sussex front. Although players like Hamilton-Brown, Wright and Beer are up-and-coming stars in real life, they are unlikely to play well for you in game. Joe Gatting however, normally does, especially in the shorter forms, so giving him some technique training would be a good start.

Comment

I'm playing with South Africa so the players I use for Test, ODI & T20 format are:

Tests: Batting: Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy are the main run scorers, although Neil McKenzie & Jaques Kallis also makes runs but arn't as consistent as Smith, Amla, de Villiers & Duminy.

Tests: Bowling: Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel are the main wicket takers, with Kallis chipping in now & then as does Ntini, but again arn't as consistent as Steyn & Morkel, Paul Harris also does OK but isn't a big wicket taker.

ODI: Batting: Amla, de Villiers, Duminy, Alviro Peterson, Boucher, Albie Morkel are the main run scorers, Smith can be solid also, as Johan Botha can also chip in with a good knock here & there as well.

ODI: Bowling: Steyn, Lonwarbo Tsotsobe, Morne Morkel, Botha are the main wicket takers, Wayne Parnell can also have a day out here & there, Kallis is a good partnership breaker but have expecially found that JP Duminy bowling off spin can actually seriously destroy opposition teams, underrated.

T20: Batting: de Villiers, Duminy, Peterson, Albie Morkel, Herschelle Gibbs are the main run scorers, Smith can have a good knock here & there, I don't use Kallis in T20 format, also Roelof van der Merwe can chip with runs as well.

T20: Bowling: Parnell, Tsotsobe, Steyn, Botha, van der Merwe & Yousuf Abdulla are the main wicket takers, Abdulla being the surprise, also again Duminy is good for a over or two as well, Albie & Morne Morkel can be handy also.

So they are the main players I use in Tets, ODI & T20 format, hope it helps anyone that uses South Africa or are thinking about it, I usually find that I can clean up Australia in a 4-1 or 5-0 series win in the first up ODI series.

Comment

Well i played as Sussex in 2010 and England as National Team; and i did well in this session. i almost used every player to play each format of game.

in county championship 5 players scored more that 1000 runs M Goodwin, C Hopkinson, E Joyce, C Nash, M Yardy.

i scored 4 double centuries total M Goodwin, C Hopkinson, C Nash & D Smith one each.

M Prior also did well, and youth opening batsman J Plant also did well in 5 games played while M Goodwin was injured and i used both B Brown and A Hood as wicket keeper in absence of M Prior and none did well

C Collymore picked most wickets and J Kirtely, Y Arafat, P sandri also helped him well, D Smith and R Martin-Jenkins also did well

J Gatting, M Thornely, R Hamilton-Brown, O Rayner, L Wright, W Beer, T Smith tataly failed in the games they played. C Keegan, C Lewry, C Lidde and youth player R Baker were in ok in the games they played

over all i finished at 3rd spot in championship with 6 wins 2 loss and 8 draws

Also in 20-20 and one day matches the situtaion was same for those players but L Wright and R Hamilton-Brown performed well in those in comparison to County championship matches

i also finished 2 in pro 40 league and reached to quarter final of both 20-20 and challenge trophy

now i have been asked to captain England and i have accepted that and now there is contract window

so any suggestion with whom to renew the contract and should i keep Y Arafat as foreign player and whom should i bought now

and about England captaincy there is tour of South Africa coming so which team combination and team players should i choose

Comment

If you have enough money remaining, I would not resign Yasir Arafat. He is slightly underrated as a one-day bowler in this game, and his wages are reasonably high. I would also think about terminating some of the players who did not do so well. I would recommend shipping Thornely, Beer and (Tom) Smith at least, as they are not very highly rated, unless given a lot of technique training. I would think that Lewry has retired, as well, so this should make it easier to spend.

As per the England squad, test match, for example, look towards the players with high reputations (Strauss, Pietersen, Anderson, at least to start with), good test averages (Prior, Sidebottom) and those who have played well for their counties in the previous season. The way I see it, you can afford to take 3 risks on tour in any away series, as you have the 11 players you need (along with one cover/balance of side player). You can then play a couple of tests with each of these players replacing the players who they might replace if they perform well. The same goes for ODI series, but don't take risks to a world cup!

To replace Arafat, I would sign an overseas spinner, who can preferably bat as well. I have found that I normally use Geeth Alwis, as he can bat at 7 without being outclassed and also bowl to a good international standard. The reason I recommend a spinner is that you have only the part-time spin of Yardy and Nash in your best side, and that spinners can bowl more overs at a time, being more useful in first-class matches.
                        Last edited by Imager36; 12-07-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X