Why does my team suck so much?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my team suck so much?!?!

I'm playing with sussex in my first season and they can't win a bloody thing

They either score 500+ and let the other team get 600+, or they score <50 runs and lose by 10 wickets

I don't understand how to get the training right to improve the players form, and is there any way to get a decent pace bowler from overseas? it said i was only allowed one, and already having Mushtaq is a bit of a hindrence

On a second note, my team destroyed the MCC by an innings and 200 runs in their first game, and haven't won anything since :S

Comment

Post your team i was Sussex but Prior got drafted to england hodd is rubbish but Goodwin and Yardy are good.

My Championship team
      Yardy
      Nash
      Adams
      Goodwin
      Hopkinson
      Prior
      Wright
      Martin-Jenkins
      Aga
      Ahmed/Rayner (Second Season Mushy retires)
      Lewry/Liddle (Same Reason)

T20
      Goodwin
      Prior
      Wright
      Yardy
      Adams
      Hopkinson
      Hodd
      Martin-Jenkins
      Ahmed
      Liddle
      Kirtley

Pro40
      Prior
      Yardy
      Wright
      Goodwin
      Adams
      Hopkinson
      Hodd
      Martin-Jenkins
      Ahmed
      Liddle
      Kirtley

Comment

with the training nets are good to get form up. whereas techniowue is for youngsters to improve in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayub95 View Post
          Post your team i was Sussex but Prior got drafted to england hodd is rubbish but Goodwin and Yardy are good.
          My championship side are doing quite well at the moment, have only lost one game, and have the highest batting bonus points in the league

My challenge cup and T20 team are hopeless, essentially the same side as my championship team but can't seem to score more than 150 runs or bowl any sides out

And prior got drafted into england for me as well, so i've been using ben brown as my keeper, pretty handy from the youth team, one of my main strike bowlers is a guy i signed from youth, he found form early and is awesome

Comment

What's your strategy, Juggers?

Comment

Originally posted by Juggers36 View Post
              My championship side are doing quite well at the moment, have only lost one game, and have the highest batting bonus points in the league

My challenge cup and T20 team are hopeless, essentially the same side as my championship team but can't seem to score more than 150 runs or bowl any sides out

And prior got drafted into england for me as well, so i've been using ben brown as my keeper, pretty handy from the youth team, one of my main strike bowlers is a guy i signed from youth, he found form early and is awesome
              Nice going Juggers, be interested to know your bowling tactics ?
              Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                What's your strategy, Juggers?
                To be honest don't really have one for bowling, i bowl at the batsman's weaknesses in one day games, but in county championship i just vary it up a bit and bowl to their weaknesses most of the time (i use no aggression or one aggression in OD but 3 in CP with defensive fields, so attacking bowling without the runs being scored)

It helps that all my players suddenly found form as well, goodwin scored 3 centuries in 3 innings

I also set my own fields a lot of the time, from playing cricket in real life for almost half my life (only 18, started at 10) i understand really well how to place a field and work out batsmen, but it's a lot different in-game as the players are not as much in your control as in real life. You can say in real life "bowl a slower ball, he's been playing aggressively, he'll fall into the trap" but in-game you can't

Comment

Originally posted by Juggers36 View Post

I also set my own fields a lot of the time, from playing cricket in real life for almost half my life (only 18, started at 10) i understand really well how to place a field and work out batsmen, but it's a lot different in-game as the players are not as much in your control as in real life. You can say in real life "bowl a slower ball, he's been playing aggressively, he'll fall into the trap" but in-game you can't
                  Hmmm. My tactics aren't usually as involved as yours, but I would have thought that if you drop the aggression of your bowler suddenly, that is equivalent to bowling a slower ball (at least in terms of its surprise value).

Comment

My bowlers have stopped taking wickets :S

Somerset just scored 530-4 against me, i don't get why they don't, i haven't changed my tactics

Comment

Working...
                    X