Poll for editor for 09!!!!!!!!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll for editor for 09!!!!!!!!!?

Seen so there are pages of discussion about it. I decided to make a poll to make it a bit clearer to everyone on the general concensous. If admin don't feel its nesecary to have another thread on it please feel free to remove. so opinions?
    Yes
    73.53%
    No
    26.47%

any news on wether there is going to be an editor or not yet?

Comment

I'm not sure...stats are very subjective things. I may think that someone is underrated, whereas another person may think that they are overrated. Still another may think that person is just right.

I can see where it would be a helpful thing when it comes to updating the game, however. The developers obviously won't be able to get everything accurate, and the database errors thread gives many examples of that. However, would someone or a group of people OTHER than the developers commit themselves to making updates to the stats at regular intervals or would it be up to the individual who purchases the game to do so?

Personally I won't have much use for an editor. But that's because I'm not interested in going through all the fine details in things...I just want to have fun playing the game. Some people won't have fun unless certain things are corrected. And I don't blame them. This is just my opinion.

So I can't vote on it because I'm divided. I know that some will definitely welcome it. But I won't use it much, if at all.

What I would be interested in seeing is a scenario editor.

Comment

yh i would want to see an option where you can create your own player more than an editor.

Comment

THAT would be awesome. You could play for your favourite county team and if you're lucky you could find yourself playing for your country!

Comment

when i voted yes for editor;..
            d onl 1 thng i want frm it. is d option of havin to creat a realsitic player myself (wht makers of game do fr current players and later game engine does for fututre player) I wish to do tht myself for atleast few players representing diff sides.
            I wuld love.. to to giv myself, or my cousins n frnds training n hav thm playing in diff sides agnst each other!!

may i also add... that it wuld b a prod moment not only to captain ur side to no.1 ranking but also hav one of ur own created player make major contribution to it!!

Comment

I am against the editor since it just spoils the gameplay of game.The game should be fair.If anyone can't play without editor then they should not play this game.

Comment

sad & miserable attitude!

the thinking in regards to an editor i must is vry limited and narrow or shall i say shallow!

its not like as if everyone wants to make god like teams mate. Y wuld u not trust ur cricket instincts to create players or giv them abilities whn ultimately u want to b d captain and manager of a team of "realistic" players created by game engine which indeed is created by some other cricket entusiasts like us!!

its stupid u knw, to underestimate n undermine someone's honest intentions to add to the gameplay, whilst others so calld supporters just end up generalisin eveythng!

Comment

you dont have to use the editor if you dont want! it just adds another dimension without taking anything away.

Comment

As long as there is no way that editted games can be used online I would have no problems with an Editor

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                      As long as there is no way that editted games can be used online I would have no problems with an Editor

Yes - that's the one caveat I would have to see.

Otherwise online games would boil down to "my team editting is more extreme than yours"

But..

You could have a "points" system

Each team has eighty "skill points" to distribute among it's eleven (perhaps each skill 0-10) So allrounders may be very expensive but give balance. blagh blah.

At least then the online game would be about skill and cricket nous ...not how long you'd played and massaged your offline team.

Scritty
                      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

There is a working player editor over at the planetcricket forums. It can edit nationality, batting and bowling ability, type of player, batting preferences and some other stuff too. To edit a player, all that is needed is his birthdate, and for the save file of the game you want to edit to be open. This editor only edits the stats for that save game file though - it will not be edited if you start a new game, so this can't be used to correct database errors unless you want to change them manually for every new game that you start.

A warning with the editor: Once you have edited a player, you won't be able to use that save game online. I feel this is a good thing, but don't try to edit players on one of your 'good' save game files because then you won't be able to play online with it, even if you don't use a player you edited.

This is the thread: http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39712
                        And the latest version of the editor is: http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/...&postcount=359
                        To download it, you need to join planetcricket though

Some of you have mentioned wanted to create players - what I did was I edited a regen, so that it would have the abilities I wanted, and the birthdate, and then just changed the name in game.

And if you download it, say thanks to Fe and the others over there - he's the one who made the editor, with help from a few of us other guys who found the correct values to edit, and tested the editors/values.
                        Last edited by Chewie; 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Fe has been instrumental with this, he has made the editor but used the advise of other clever guys to do it! Its taken a good month to compile it and I for one cannot show how greatful i am!

Comment

I also cannot say in words how gratefull I am of Fe's work and that of the others at the planetcricketforums.

Comment

I've d/led it but it won't run for me, anyone else had any probs??

Comment

Working...
                              X