Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lancashire County Cricket Club Story (by acook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire County Cricket Club Story (by acook)

I will start my story a couple of games into the 2009 season with lancs.
    In my first season I won the county championship on the final day which was a great achievment for the club. I also won the twenty20 competition which tbh I found quite easy. I also narrowly missed out on going through to the semi finals in the 50 over competiton by 2 points. Unfortunatley I was relagated in the pro40 mainly because I skipped half the games in order to concentrate fully on the county championship.

2009 season

Pre season I made a couple of quality signings in trescothick and luke wright. (However luke wright has failed to impress so far) So to has shaun marsh who I brought in for Mohamed yousuf not sure why has he top scored with 1780 runs in 2008. I also brought in Charl Willoughby as a back up seamer. I also released quite a few players including Luke Sutton which has allowed me to give Gareth Cross a go (he's done superb so far!) However I do have no back up keeper which is a worry.

I am currently lieing in 4th place in the county championship 10 points behind leaders Middlesex.

After 4 games and 4 wins in the challenge trophy I find myself top 4 points clear of 3rd.

My second team is pretty much full of talented youngsters.

Below is a couple of screenies.
    (two players are cut off from the squad screen at the bottom they are Tom Walsh a young leg spinner who is looking a prospect and Charl Willoughby)

I will keep you all posted how I'm getting on reguarly. Please feel free to leave any advice and tips for me for the future. cheers

Just noticed the screenies are way too big however I am not sure how to make them smaller please could an admin do it? cheers.

Winning the county championship in 1st season is good going mate, if you dont mind me asking, what bowling tactics do you use in 4 day games, i really struggle to bowl sides out in the second innings.
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I just bowled to the batters weaknesses. I also had the groundsman prepare a seamers track as there would be more chance of a result this way. But tbh I think with a bowling attack of flintoff anderson mahmood and keedy it should never realy of been to much of a problem for me. I'm also a big fan of spinners espescialy in the final innings' I think there a must and keedy often won me games.

Comment

Hatrick Hero

In flintoff's first game back after international duties he gets a superb hatrick against the leictsishire foxes in a t20. This is the first one I have ever had on the game and I am very proud of the big man. (screenshot below)
        I am cruising after 3 games in the twenty20 comp after winning all 3 with a run rate of +7.5. I realy do have a strong team and can bat right down to 9 which is where crofty bats for me.
        I also got further in the Challenge trophy this time around reaching the quarter finals however unfortunatly my Lancashire team just did not turn up and got batterd of the strong looking leistershire foxes.
        The county championship season is hotting up and I am up there in 2nd place trying to keep with Middlesex who after winning divison 2 last year are looking very strong this year. I find myself 14 points behind them after having played 7 games. Unfortunatley they have only played 6 so are looking good for the division 1 title in there first season back.

I can assure you all that unlike last year I will be taking the Pro40 games seriously this year and will do my best to win that title for the fans.

Flintoff is currently 2nd in the F.C batting averages (431 @71.83) with Du Plessis 3rd (550 @68.75) Paul Horton is currently 5th (462 @66) Other Lancashire players who are doing well are Marcus Trescothick (693 @63) and Shaun Marsh (583 @58.3) Gareth Cross and youngster Luke Mason are also averaging in the high 40s.

None of the bowlers have realy fired yet with saj being the best (31 @28.29)
        Young leg spinner Tom Walsh is looking a prospect and always looks like taking wickets despite not being very economical at the moment with 24 @ 31.08) And Jimmy Anderson is currently failing to reach the standard he set last year with 29 wickets at an average of 34.59.

Last edited by acook; 07-10-2009, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X