Coaching - Nil Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching - Nil Improvements

Despite concentrating my coaching on my young players, mainly general technique, the vast majority of my coaching seems to be resulting in Nil improvements - can anyone help ? Does the number of games played have an effect perhaps - I am reluctant to overplay them as their lack of experience at an early stage is an obviously negative factor

Originally posted by Packer Al View Post
    Despite concentrating my coaching on my young players, mainly general technique, the vast majority of my coaching seems to be resulting in Nil improvements - can anyone help ? Does the number of games played have an effect perhaps - I am reluctant to overplay them as their lack of experience at an early stage is an obviously negative factor
    I think after the introduction of new coaching system it seems to messed up a bit there is lack of info about the new mechanics of coaching perhaps Chris might want to shed a light on this.

Comment

While playing the international games as NZ, I put Greg Hay on aggressiveness technique coaching because he is described as very defensive.
      By the time the next tour came around, he'd improved to defensive.

Comment

Experience aids development, yes, so if you're playing them while they have technique, they will develop faster.

Comment

Coaching Nil Improvements (fao administrator)

As you know I posted the above thread after achieving virtually no improvements after three separate training sessions

I am basing this on the percentage improvement statistic shown against each players batting/bowling form record. Could there be a problem with this display - I cannot believe that 7 out of 8 players cannot even register a 1% improvement after coaching

After checking today I am currently registering ONE 97% improvement after a nets session with a 35 year old but nowt else !

Does it take a whole season of coaching on one area before an improvement is achieved ( I assumed I would see a change after each training block)

Comment

Originally posted by Packer Al View Post
            Does it take a whole season of coaching on one area before an improvement is achieved ( I assumed I would see a change after each training block)
            I'd say so, but Chris will need to confirm.

Comment

Form is not directly changed by technique improvements. You can coach a player into form using the net sessions. This is shown by the stars.

Technique affects the player's long term ability. A young player will improve with time. If you give him technique coaching he will generally improve faster and become better in the long run. The individual technique types can be used to iron out weaknesses, which you can see reflected in their preferences.

Comment

Coaching Nil Improvements

Sorry Chris I don't mean to be a pain and I promise this will be my last comment on this subject !!

If coaching effect doesn't impact directly on form then why is it shown under form? Perhaps in 2009 version the long-term 'technique' improvements arising from that type of coaching and its impact on a player's performance could be shown separately from the effects of net practice - otherwise valuable coaching sessions could be being wasted on players of less ability without any simple indication of this being readily available - no doubt this could be tracked manually somehow but much as I I love the game, I do have to drop into work occassionally !!

Also why are there no bowler preferences in player profiles - surely some bowlers are more aggressive than others, some more defensive, some tire more easily, some spinners with more variety of deliveries etc - just a thought

Maybe a fuller guidance on coaching in the next manual would help us learners

ok - that's enough - goodnight for now .........

Comment

The coaching effect is from batting/bowling practice, so that works fine - makes sense to me.

I 100% agree with you on the bowlers preference though: it should be easier to work out what each bowler is good at - however it's not impossible: by looking at the hawkeye gruopings and recognising patterns it is possible to work out how accurate a bowler is, and whether he is aggregssive or defensive.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to see a little more clearly how technique is benefitting your players.

Comment

One more thing related to coaching. Can we cycle net practice and technique in the same season? does player improve by doing so or we have to keep him under technique for entire season?
                    What about preference technique? do we have to put one preference technique all the time in entire season to see effects in next season? or we can cycle the preference technique too?

Comment

With a bowler, hawkeye is probably good for accuracy, and then the Run rate is good as an indicator for defensive, S/R good as an indicator for aggression. Or at least that is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
                        Experience aids development, yes, so if you're playing them while they have technique, they will develop faster.
                        does playing them count for second team games aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrmecophaga View Post
                          With a bowler, hawkeye is probably good for accuracy, and then the Run rate is good as an indicator for defensive, S/R good as an indicator for aggression. Or at least that is my guess.
                          Is it possible to see a bowler's strike rate outside the actual games, or do you just have to calculate it by dividing runs conceded by overs bowled?

I would have thought that since it's possible to train batsmen based on their listed preferences, it should be possible to determine how best to train bowlers before they actually enter a game situation.

Comment

I would calculate Strike Rate by doing overs/wickets. I'm not sure if it is shown, but that is the calculation. About 8 is good.

Runs per over is Runs/Overs.

Accuracy you need to play a game for. If you want you can use Ctrl Alt Del or copying the game file in order to get that without actually playing the game.

Comment

Yes, overs/wickets; quite right! I've always been the world's worst mathematician, which doesn't exactly bode well for my cricket management skills...

8 overs for the strike rate seems about right - although a lot of top international bowlers have a strike rate in the 50's in tests so maybe an SR below 9 would be a better gauge (?)

Comment

Working...
                              X