Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions

I have a couple of questions:

1. I cannot seem to order the player tables by clicking on top headings. eg.g. i can't seem to get the player batting stats to order by SR% or by highest score etc. Is this possible? if not, then I think this is a major oversight.

2. When bowling should I vary the length? What difference does length make?

Thanks

1 - We haven't implemented yet. It's on the list.

2 - I don't want to give away too much about how the game works internally in terms of pitch conditions etc. In terms of tactics for an individual batsman, it's a good idea to try to pitch at the length the batsman doesn’t like. "back-foot" players prefer short pitched, "front-foot" the opposite.

Comment

If a batsman prefers to play in the front foot, then back foot is his weakness. So if you bowl short deliveries he is more likely to get out. Thats the use of varying you bowling length. Hope this helps. Cheers!!! Oops... i guess i started typing just when the previous msg was posted.
      Icc 2005 and 2006 were the best.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answers.

Another stat that would be good would be being able to see on a batsman' profile who got him out in each of his games and the type of bowler they were.

Comment

Placing the field according to line and length we will bowl is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent47 View Post
            If a batsman prefers to play in the front foot, then back foot is his weakness. So if you bowl short deliveries he is more likely to get out. Thats the use of varying you bowling length. Hope this helps. Cheers!!! Oops... i guess i started typing just when the previous msg was posted.
            I found that bowling normal length at middle and leg is more successful than bowling at a batsman's weakness.

Comment

Good for you. I have little success in bowling no matter where I bowl. The opponent always scores 170-220 in a FC game.

Comment

170-220 doesn't looks to be too big total to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by IndiaWarrior View Post
                  170-220 doesn't looks to be too big total to handle.
                  If you can consistently bowl sides out for this score in FC games, winning should be easy.

Comment

I always play very aggressive no matter what the situation is. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose. If the game is played this way the result is unpredictable which I like very much. So 170-220 is an interesting total for me.

Comment

On the batting menu where you control aggression and you see how settled they are, what does the bat and the chain mean?

Comment

If you click the bat, a tick will appear on it and a "No"-type sign on the other batsman's. This indicates that the batsman with the tick is farming the strike.

If you click the chain it "Unlinks" That means you can set it to attack one bowler, but defend against the bowler at the other end, without resetting the aggression each over.

Comment

A lot of forum-goers have been saying about their "super signings" and a lot seem to have signed 2 or even 3 overseas players to their squad

How can this be?

i tried to sign a seamer to boost my bowling attack but it told me that i couldn't sign any of them cos i had mushtaq ahmed in my squad

Comment

Working...
                          X