Hints/Tips/Tactics Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints/Tips/Tactics Thread.

Any Hints & Tips or tactics which work well for you?, whether its for newbies learning the game or like me your old bowling tactics dont do the job in ICC2008, please post here.
    Ive sorted my batting out in both forms of the game and my one day bowling, but my first class bowling is mess, i use to bowl 4 bars aggression at batsmen`s weakness until he was on a score of 20 the go 3 bars until 40 then 2 bars, but it just isnt happening for me in ICC2008 and im struggling to bowl sides out twice in the 4 day game with my Notts side.
    Here are my batting tactics:

COUNTY
    In first class games in normal to good conditions, start batsman on 2 bars until 4 settled/above 20 runs then move to 3 bars, i never go above 3 bars in county games unless a drastic run chase is required or trying to get batting points, i always go back down to 2 bars for the first 15 overs of the new ball.
    In bad conditions bat on 1 bar aggression until 4 settled then stay on 2 bars until conditions improve. These tactics usually get me 350 +.

ONE DAY
    Every batsmen starts on 2 bars for about 4 overs to get in, then i move to 4 bars until the 25 over point or 5 bars settled then go to 5 bars aggression until the last ten overs, then go 6 bars, this usually gets me 220+

As i said my bowling is a mess at the moment so any help in that department would be appreciated.
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

I am still struggling with my first class bowling, i used to bowl at batsmans weakness with ICC3 and that worked ok, but doesnt work with new version, has anyone had any success in the bowling department in FC cricket ?, perhaps bowling according to the pitch conditions as opposed to the batmans weakness ?,

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
      I am still struggling with my first class bowling, i used to bowl at batsmans weakness with ICC3 and that worked ok, but doesnt work with new version, has anyone had any success in the bowling department in FC cricket ?, perhaps bowling according to the pitch conditions as opposed to the batmans weakness ?,
      I have more success in general just bowling normal length at middle and leg in FC, but it's more expensive.
      Bowling at the batsman's weakness still works in OD games.
      Last edited by GrahamB; 07-19-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

OD batting

Start on 5 bars and move up to 6 once 30% settled.
        Batsmen with an average between 10-20, one bar lower.
        Batsmen with an average of less than 10, 2 bars lower.
        If your innings looks to be in trouble, go a bar down.

Usually works for me. Scores between 250-320 except when you lose too many wickets.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
          I have more success in general just bowling normal length at middle and leg in FC, but it's more expensive.
          Bowling at the batsman's weakness still works in OD games.
          Yes Graham, i agree it does still work with OD bowling, i do okay in one day games, generally bowling at the batmans weakness, never going above 2 bars aggression and going down to 1 bar if the batsman gets in, this normally restricts the opposition to below 200.
          But in FC games i have tried most lines/lengths and aggression levels etc, and cant seem to bowl sides out for competitive totals, especially in the second innings.

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
            But in FC games i have tried most lines/lengths and aggression levels etc, and cant seem to bowl sides out for competitive totals, especially in the second innings.
            Same problem.
            Normal mode seems to have become a new "hard" mode!
            Last edited by GrahamB; 07-19-2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

bowl at middle and off full agrestion in test matches with a aggresive field

Comment

Working...
              X