Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After nearly 10 years I have done it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After nearly 10 years I have done it!!!!

since i started playing the game in 2000 1 thing i had never done in the game is take all 10 wickets in an innings with the same bowler. my best ever was 9-29 with saqlain mushtaq back in 2000. i had managed 8 in an innings with a bowler many times but 10 just eluded me until today...

bowling on a day 1/ day 2 pitch against middlesex michael munday finished with figures of 20.4-8-51-10. at last i have done it!!! not sure if i have much left to achieve on the game tho now

I achieved the feat in my 3rd year of managing India. Amit Mishra took 10 wickets in an innings against Pakistan (i think).
    Between, I was pondering over the fact that only spinners get the best figures in ICC 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by devanu View Post
      I achieved the feat in my 3rd year of managing India. Amit Mishra took 10 wickets in an innings against Pakistan (i think).
      Between, I was pondering over the fact that only spinners get the best figures in ICC 2008.
      Yes I have that as well, followed by M, then MF, then FM then F

The slower you are the more wickets you take.

It's like the Fast bowlers benefit from just "dodgy bounce"

The mediums benefit from "overhead conditions" AND "dodgy bounce"

And the spinners benefit from "wear and rough", "overhead conditions" and "dodgy bounce"

That's what it feels like anyway

Paul
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I got 8 wickets in a test match once with monty panesar, thats about my greatest acheivement bowling wise, but in a county championship division 2 game once i got Ravi Bopara to 503* which is the best i have ever done.

Comment

On ICC 2001 I managed to score about 1200 in an innings as the Australians against MCC. Ricky Ponting hit 534 I think. My best bowling isn't so good though. On ICC06 as Derbyshire I bowled Leics out for 29 in a t20 match, Lungley and Dean sharing the wickets!

Comment

Working...
          X