Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing players

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that players disappear from the game. I have just completed my first season managing England and Alistair Cook was doing really well. Then the second season starts and he is nowhere to be found. He's completely disappeared from the game.

Maybe its not a fault in the game and Cooky just decided to take a sabbatical from the game, citing overcrowded fixture lists.

Has anyone else noticed players disappearing?

This almost certainly because they are at the end of a contract - released - and are not affordable by any other club.

It happens all the time. It's not right, but it has always happened.

The best players get such a high value (and are so good) that no-one can afford their contract (including their current club) and they leave the game.

Not very realistic is it? A by product of the simplistic financials in the game.

In one game I lost Pietersen, Anderson and Cook all before the 2010 season started. In another, I was bidding on Strauss with slightly less than he would accept through every round of the bidding. In the end he left the game. At the same time Broad and Panesar were also available (but I needed a batter) .

All three fell out of the game. It was either the first or second season.

Nice if this could be fixed, because this would never happen in real life.

Paul
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Ive also noticed players disappearing when they retire...without warning. Quite annoying when your batting line up is full of 38 year olds

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
        This almost certainly because they are at the end of a contract - released - and are not affordable by any other club.

It happens all the time. It's not right, but it has always happened.

The best players get such a high value (and are so good) that no-one can afford their contract (including their current club) and they leave the game.

Not very realistic is it? A by product of the simplistic financials in the game.

In one game I lost Pietersen, Anderson and Cook all before the 2010 season started. In another, I was bidding on Strauss with slightly less than he would accept through every round of the bidding. In the end he left the game. At the same time Broad and Panesar were also available (but I needed a batter) .

All three fell out of the game. It was either the first or second season.

Nice if this could be fixed, because this would never happen in real life.

Paul
        Yep, it is a bit of a problem; sometimes when I see really good players on the market, I ponder whether I should buy them (I always have heaps of room left in my salary funds allocation) - not because I need them, but because it seems such a shame to let them disappear from the game. A caveat to this is that if they're selected in the England side, they remain in the game even if their county releases them. I've noticed a bowler in my long-term Hampshire game who's been selected for England for a good eight or nine years, despite Leicestershire having released him all those seasons back.

Comment

Working...
        X