Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Match Series

Hi

I'm currently playing the ICC 2008 demo and it's awesome but I have a couple of queries. Firstly I was playing the 1st Test of a 5 Test series as the West Indies against England and I selected the team based on the Test series which has just finished but the England team had players like Michael Vaughan and Matthew Hoggard in. Now I want to be able to change the England team so it has the correct players in like Swann, Anderson, Khan etc but how can I do that?

Secondly I lost by 234 runs and an innings in the 1st Test with England getting 80% of my batsmen out lbw in both innings after they enforced the follow-on. Surely this can't be right?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by stormbound View Post
    Hi

I'm currently playing the ICC 2008 demo and it's awesome but I have a couple of queries. Firstly I was playing the 1st Test of a 5 Test series as the West Indies against England and I selected the team based on the Test series which has just finished but the England team had players like Michael Vaughan and Matthew Hoggard in. Now I want to be able to change the England team so it has the correct players in like Swann, Anderson, Khan etc but how can I do that?

Secondly I lost by 234 runs and an innings in the 1st Test with England getting 80% of my batsmen out lbw in both innings after they enforced the follow-on. Surely this can't be right?

Thanks for your help
    Answer to your first paragraph:

Players like Swann, Anderson, Khan etc aren't in the ODI and T20 players lists so you have to go to the first-class list and sort players by name and find them there - it's ordered alphabetically (last name).

And to your second paragraph: Not really... maybe it's just you playing too aggressive. Attack the bad bowlers and the part-timers but stay low on their main bowlers

Comment

Thanks but neither of your responses really answer my questions. I am playing as the West Indies and the computer is England but the team selection for England is wrong. I want to change the players the computer uses. For the second question for all my batsmen I started off on defensive and yet they got lbws. I probably needed to be more aggressive not less! in the 2nd innings Chris Gayle started on normal and got a half-century so I think I needed to be more aggressive like I said.

Comment

Originally posted by stormbound View Post
        Thanks but neither of your responses really answer my questions. I am playing as the West Indies and the computer is England but the team selection for England is wrong. I want to change the players the computer uses. For the second question for all my batsmen I started off on defensive and yet they got lbws. I probably needed to be more aggressive not less! in the 2nd innings Chris Gayle started on normal and got a half-century so I think I needed to be more aggressive like I said.
        Oh alright, sorry.

1. You cannot control the team the opposition (computer) picks
        2. It depends on the player. For example, Shahid Afridi - he prefers to be very aggressive, so you're most likely to get away with putting him on aggressive mode as soon as he comes in and still score runs. But someone who prefers to be Defensive - it most likely won't work on him.

Comment

Thanks tabish. That really sucks that you can't change the computer team because Vaughan, Hoggard etc aren't in the Test side anymore. It would have been nice if you could change it. A feature request for 2009 I think. I've done better in next 2 Tests but still lost them!

Comment

As far as aggressive and defensive preferences go, they dictate how fast a player will go when on normal aggression basically. All batsmen perform best on normal, but defensive batsmen won't do too well on aggressive and aggressive ones are wasted on very defensive.

Comment

Working...
            X