Monty Panesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty Panesar

We all know by now, that, Monty Panesar has gave his image rights tosponsor the current series of ICC 2008. But, on your saves, do you reckon he is more, let's say, advantaged, than other spinners on the game?

Or do you reckon he is just normal Monty?

Screenies of anything extra-ordanary by Panesar would be nice, but your thoughts/stories are just as good!!!

Thanks!! Sam.

Nothing overly special, normally averages around 28-32 in tests on mine, however he's too good in ODIs no way would he average under 25 like he does on my game.
    Last edited by Themer; 03-02-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I've played a few games in ICC 2008 and noticed that Panesar seems to have done remarkably well in all of them; averaging about six and a half wickets a game in one case. Panesar has done very little in his test or first class career to suggest that he is any more than just a good tweaker. His first class average is about 32 and his test average around 34. His rate of taking wickets is okay, but nothing special.

Then again, I would suggest that it's more of a general problem with the game: there are too many of what I would call "super-bowlers" - players (fast or spin) who go out there and take 6 or 7 wickets per test match at an average of about 20. It's especially ludicrous when you think that England hasn't had a truly world class spinner since Underwood: yet in my present Hampshire game in about 2019, England has had about five or six spinners who average in excess of six wickets per game (in Michael Munday's case, he's averaged about seven wickets per first-class game without playing a single test). There's one regen spinner who averages over two wickets per ODI with an average of 15.

Comment

This is where I think that a live editor will work in a way because you can adjust the ability of the player to a more realistic level.

Comment

I couldnt agree more he is always bowling well for me taking about 40-60 wkts a season at an average of 18-22 in fact he once took 9-63 in a test for me once. And the same goes for Munday aswell

Comment

In ICC02 I had a youth player (Scott Moon) for Derbyshire who averaged 10 in one day cricket. Not that I was complaining, as I also had Lian Wharton who had an average of 15-18 in both forms of the game!

Comment

while playing international career with NZ vettori retired after 1st year. Do you know of any spinners in future that are any good? I have tried bruce martin and roneel hira but they are both useless

Comment

Working...
              X