Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Hi all i recently downloaded and purchased cricket captain 2008 but when i double click the desk top icon to load the game i get an error message saying "can not get caps for device".
    If there is anyone here that could help me i would be very grateful.

This can be linked to a couple of things.

1. The game is being run with an Integrated Graphics Chip set.
    Please note: Integrated Graphics Chipsets / Laptops are not supported by the game.

2. Either you have recently re-installed your Windows Software and have not installed or updated your Graphics card driver, or the graphics card driver has become corrupt.

To ensure that you have the correct driver installed please use the following instructions.

How to access the DirectX Diagnostic Tool regarding Windows XP and Vista.

A. From your Windows XP Desktop.

- Click on the Start button,
    - Click on the Run option,
    - Type dxdiag and press your Enter key or click OK,
    - The Direct X Diagnostic Tool will load up,

B. From your Windows Vista Desktop

From Windows Desktop

-Click on the Start button.
    -In the Start/Search Box type DXDIAG and press Enter or OK.
    -The Direct x Diagnostic Tool will load up.

DirectX information you need to check regarding the Graphics card is as follows.

-To check the Driver of the Graphics Card, click on the Display Tab at the top of the screen, look in the Driver details section on the right hand side and check that the Main Driver: information does not read vga.dll.

-Look in the Device section on the left had side and check that you have information regarding your Graphics Card in the following fields.

1.Name: ( this should display the make and name of the Graphics card option you have installed )
    2.Approx Total Memory: (This should display the amount of memory that you Graphics option has to utilize) this should read 64MB or higher.

If there is no information in the Name: or Approx Total Memory: fields and the driver name is vga.dll then you will need to obtain information about you Graphics Option ( from your PC specification or manufacturer ) and install the latest driver for that option from the PC manufacturers website or the Graphics Chipset Manufacturers website.

This is information regarding this on the empire interactive support website.

Comment

Working...
    X