Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next problem, CD/DVD not being recognised

Hiya's,

I did a new install on my laptop after getting rid of my tablet and getting one with XP on it but after the install when ever I try to run the game I now get an error telling me to put the original CD/DVD in the drive, and then I cant get the game to run as its not recognising the CD.

Anyone come across this before?

My cd drive is an external job, so maybe there are some drive incompatibiity problems?

Regards

Mailman

Not sure, have you tried cleaning your disk and drive? If it is external then that may be a problem, but I can't say for sure.

Try emailing Childish Things through the form on the website.

Comment

Does it recognise other discs?

Comment

Yep, it even lets me install the game from the disk but I get problems when I try to run the game after install.

I think its got something to do with secure rom and the fact Im using an external drive.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get around secure rom? Ive been put in touch with the support people at secure rom...but its like pulling teeth from chickens in trying to get them to respond!

Regards

Mailman

Comment

The problem looks like its because Im using an external drive, and securom doesnt like it.

Does anyone know how to bypass securom? The game works on my vista laptop, which has an internal CD drive, and doesnt work on any laptop with an external drive.

Mailman

ps. Sureshot, Ive sent you my email address as well.

Comment

SecuROM is software designed to protect people copying. You'll have to wait for SecuROM to respond, I don't know a massive amount of what you could do.

I'm presuming the drive is set-up properly manually and in the BIOS?

Out of interest why is the CD drive external? Speed?

Comment

its a small laptop (no room for an internal CD drive).

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Have you contacted SecuROM about your problem? If not, I can contact them on your behalf.

Comment

Working...
                X