Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database Errors on patch 8.13??????(after all the wait)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Errors on patch 8.13??????(after all the wait)

I cant believe after all the time it has taken to get this patch out, that there are still some glaring errors in the database!!!!, who compiled the data?.....you have only had about 6 months to sort it!!!
    Johan van der wath has never been a Nottinghamshire overseas player and somehow he is in the Notts squad instead of Adam Voges(doesnt anybody do any research for this data????), this error has completely screwed up the balance of the Notts squad and left me with only 4 front line batsman.
    Now i know the editor question is always being asked, but surely if the team behind the game cant even get basic squad data correct, then some form of editor that just enables us to correct the squads(not edit abilities) just squads!!!, or if like in one of the previous versions, we had a pre season contract screen where we could sign overseas players ourselves pre season???. not happy
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

I noticed that there are some players missing from the English database lists, for example, some that show up in the "current season" list don't show up in the "career" list.
    Makes it quite awkward when selecting a squad.

Comment

There is no such thing as a perfect database, mistakes always happen which you must understand. Just because something is glaring to you does not mean it is glaring to everyone. I will create a new thread for database errors still existing after the patch, but please try to understand that no games are perfect and if there are a lot please post them all, not just one.

@GrahamB, I've never seen that bug before. Are you sure they're not there? Does it happen a lot in separate squad selections or just once?

Also, there is a contract screen preseason when you first start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
        @GrahamB, I've never seen that bug before. Are you sure they're not there? Does it happen a lot in separate squad selections or just once?

Also, there is a contract screen preseason when you first start the game.
        Start a new international game with England and you'll see what I mean when it comes time to select your squad.
        Haven't checked it with other countries.

Comment

Will there be some adjustments to player ability? If so i have a few opinions on what needs changing with England.

Monty Panesar is vastly over rated in the game.
          Andrew Flintoffs bowling is vastly under rated, he is also extremely expensive.
          Ravi Bopara seems under rated to me.
          Same with Luke Wright.

Comment

I don't think so Gas. From what Chris has told me the breakdown of how players are ranked is based on several factors.

One thing I have said over and over is that if you have been playing the game for a while and most players are now regens or youngsters you got to train anyway, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Comment

I don't think so Gas. From what Chris has told me the breakdown of how players are ranked is based on several factors.

One thing I have said over and over is that if you have been playing the game for a while and most players are now regens or youngsters you got to train anyway, it doesn't seem to matter much.

What factors out of interest?

Its a shame for me that no abilities will be changed, as i am currently using almost identical squads in game to what England are using currently.

Thought it might be a different way to play rather than pick all the ICC decided best players.

Comment

I can't go into it in detail, but what I know is that it includes their recent and career form/stats as well as some other factors which Chris hasn't explained to me.

However, he also said that there is some random element to each game, and in each game different players will perform differently. For example, in one of my games Shaun Marsh turned into an absolute gun, but in another he is well below average.

Comment

I can't go into it in detail, but what I know is that it includes their recent and career form/stats as well as some other factors which Chris hasn't explained to me.

However, he also said that there is some random element to each game, and in each game different players will perform differently. For example, in one of my games Shaun Marsh turned into an absolute gun, but in another he is well below average.
                  Yes - I've noticed this random element.

Comment

Working...
                  X