An observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An observation

I haven't played an ICC game for quite a few years now: my last purchase was ICC 2000. If it's okay, I'll make an observation which probably doesn't resonate with most users here but which has disappointed me somewhat.

In the ensuing eight years since ICC 2000, it would appear that the game has regressed, at least superficially. Back in the 2000 edition, it was a very sleek, smooth game with a nice clean interface. But the 2008 edition doesn't feel like a professional, commercial game. To be honest, it looks a bit like Cricket Coach, which I don't rate very highly in terms of design. The colours are garish. The interface is cumbersome. When I look at these screens, there is simply no contest in terms of which one is more professional:

Uninteresting font, depressing dark colours, light blue text on blue background and a very rigid and grid-like layout. I'd happily trade away the 3D graphics for a more appealling user interface. Don't get me wrong: I'll still play the game, and it remains one of the more challenging cricket games available, but just doesn't have the same professionalism as it maybe once had.

ICC 3 was probably the most professional looking I think, but it was edited to make the game run more smoothly. I think it has improved in some aspects but I agree that the colours are perhaps a bit dark.

I will ask Chris about this, but it's something that could easily be changed for next year.

Comment

Skins would be awesome
      Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Skins have been done in the past and I don't see why they can't be done again, although the game has changed a bit. I will have a look through it and if I can't find anything I'll ask Chris if it's possible.

Comment

Always nice to see a comparison from one of the more "older" ICC players. The layout didn't change much in the early days, to me, that picture of ICC2000 looks very similar to the original ICC. I think it is a bit difficult to compare the userface of 2000 to a version that is 8 years older, because there has been a lot of userface progression since then, probably about 5 or 6 versions too. I agree on the blue on blue for 08, it doesn't quite work. Far from horrible, but not quite right. I think that ICC2000 looks more depressing out of those two. Beige and Grey aren't very bright colours.

Comment

Working...
          X