Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best county players

Hi all,
    I'm now entering my 3rd season with Nottinghamshire, and was curious as to who people consider to be the "top" players on their games, and whether they differ significantly. On my game some of the top players are as follows:

BATTERS
    County Championship:
    Samit Patel (3,000 runs over 2 seasons, av 65+ both)
    David Hussey (top run scorer first season, av 120 in first 4 matches before being called up for Aus )
    Yardy, Rudolph, Rashid & Cook also top performers

ODI:
    Hussey up there near the top again, also Jefferson for Notts
    Joyce, Ambrose, Rashid, Du Plessis & Van Jar. all good

BOWLING
    County Championship:
    Michael Munday is a wicket taking machine!
    Pedro Collins, Jimmy Anderson, Steve Harmison, Adam Shantry, Monty & Tim Murtagh all take loads of wickets as well.

ODI:
    James Harris for Glamorgan was top of the averages both seasons
    Sidebottom, Munday, Kabir Ali & Jerome Taylor among the other leading bowlers

Obviously lots of others but didnt want to name everyone - also excluded youth players for obvious reasons.

I've found Afridi to be amazing! He is an overseas player, but he scored 3000 runs in his first season, with a 328* on debut and got 80 wickets total for the season!

James Benning and Luke Wright have been good 3rd/4th bowlers for me and good low order batsmen.

Tremlett and Plunkett are an awesome opening bowling partnership, if you bowl fully aggresive and full length.

Comment

Well, I'm in my 7th. Season with Glamorgan.

Batting First Class -

Owasis Shah has always been a consistent performer for me - Averages at 53.67 over the past 4 seasons. He also hit 1612 runs in one season which ain't too bad.
      One of my youth players, Iain Remmington, has done extremely well for me as he's pushed up through the ranks. Since he's been at Glamorgan from the start, he's hit 7000 runs for me in First Class Cricket, with 19 hundreds, and 41 fifties. Averages at 44.81. Very useful player since he's an opener, who are hard to come by.
      Signed a player called Dean Tennyson, and in his first season for me he has hit 2 centuries and 5 half centuries, averaging 56.08 in 14 innings, which is helpful as he's an opener.

Bowling First Class -

Bresnan has always consistently performed for me too, although he's not as good as he was since he is now 32, so gets tired quicker.
      Shantry and Harris usually lead my attack, although in recent seasons I have played an ovverseas bowler (Steyn or Australian youth called Siddle) opening with Shantry and Harris as 3rd bowler.
      Signed a Left Fast bowler in this season, first season for him in all cricket, J Bond. English born. Bought him in for some of the Twenty20's, he's taken 12 wickets in 18 overs, best figures of 4-16. Averages 11.40. May bring him into first class line-up.

Comment

J Allenby, F Du Pleiss, A Crook, J Lawson, L Plunkett, S Tait, S Tendulkar, A Morkel,
        T New

Comment

Batting - Ed Joyce, Owais Shah, Nic Compton, Billy Godleman

Bowling - Chris Silverwood, Sean Finn, Murali Kartik

All-round - Ed Smith...yes, Ed Smith...amazingly consistent despite him not being listed as an all rounder in-game. Averages in the 40s and chips in with a couple wickets.

Of note is that Silverwood and Kartik are definitely great bowlers but they also average around 20 each with the bat, making them useful lower order players.

Comment

Shahid Afridi, N Edwards, M Munday, S Newman, R Clarke are best for me in all games.
            Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Working...
            X