Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug

Hi,

I've been playing ICC2008 for a while now but have just had to reformat my HD due to some problems. I saved all my saved game files so that I would not lost these but now I have reformated and installed ICC2008 again (and I haven't even copied the old files over to the new instasll yet) I keep getting a message coming up telling me to insert the original disc instead of a back up.
    The disc I am using is the orignal (and the same one I just installed the game from) so does anyone know what the problem might be and what I need to do? I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the gaem a couple of times but so far no joy

Hmm...that's interesting.

You could always put the game CD into another drive (if your computer has more than one drive) and see if that works.

What would more than likely work would be to find yourself a no-cd crack for the game, which is legal provided that you own the original CD. There are such cracks around the internet, very easy to find, but I won't tell you where to get it because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. See, it's still a grey-ish area.

(Note: I've read the forum rules and I don't see how this post violates them but if I have, it was unintentional. I'm just trying to help someone.)

Comment

thanks, I was thinking that but I didn't want to go down the no-cd path unless all other avenues were exhausted.
      I think all no-cd patches are illegal, I remember having a disagreement with one of the developers of Football Manager at Sport Interactive about this and he said that unless they were issued/licensed by the developer then they were all illegal...even if there was no other way of getting a game to work.

Unfotunatly I don't have another CD/DVD drive that I could test it in so I can't use that. I've contacted the CD protection company that the game uses (they're tips on resolving this probelm failed so I'm waiting for customer support there to get back to me) but if someone from Childish Things could help too then I'd appreciate it.

Comment

its nice to see a repsonse from someone at Childishthings on this matter....come on, this is incredibly poor customer service guys

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys.

Firstly, I would suggest that you don't use a no-cd crack, like how the guy from SI said, they are illegal unless issued by the developer. But you shouldn't need that as we should find a way around it.

A screenshot of the error would be great.

Comment

Wait...just a shot in the dark here. You wouldn't be running any virtual drive software, would you?

Daemon Tools or MagicISO are two popular ones.

Comment

Working...
            X