Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the game not process unless the window is active?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the game not process unless the window is active?

This has probably been the case on all the ICC's I've played and it's somewhat annoying. Like at the end of a season where there are only international matches running and you're not managing an international team the game doesn't continue processing unless the window is active (I'm running in windowed mode not fullscreen).

Is there an easy way to rectify this? I don't really want to have to sit through the processing time (unless if there is no choice, I guess).

[Did a quick search but nothing came up, don't slaughter me if it's been discussed before]

skipping through the winter matches doesn't take long, You could go to the loo, have a cup of tea, or something to kill the minute, 2minutes it takes!,

Comment

Originally posted by pi3t3rs3n-24 View Post
      skipping through the winter matches doesn't take long, You could go to the loo, have a cup of tea, or something to kill the minute, 2minutes it takes!,
      Not really my point, I mean it happens throughout the game. For example if I'm playing Football Manager and I open a browser window it continues processing. Would really like to see that happen in ICC. Anyway I don't want to make too big a deal of it, like you said it doesn't really take too long.

Comment

The game needs to move when we minimize it.It makes game little boring.

Comment

it really doesn't, i don't see why its needed, the only time your not playing would be the winter months, but if you gat asked to be ENGLAND captain then it doesn't matter.

Comment

Some people don't like being England captain and It would be better if it did continue when it was minimised.

Comment

I don't like managing England later on in the game, because I have no idea who i should pick.

Yeh, i've thought about this, something like FM would be good here! I'm guessing it'd probably be fair simple to put into the game, but who knows...i'm about as good a game producer as i am jumping on a cliff and flying.

Comment

I agree, sometimes if I am changing Music tracks, I click out of the window, and it stops processing. It would be a useful addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  I agree, sometimes if I am changing Music tracks, I click out of the window, and it stops processing. It would be a useful addition.
                  Thats why I like this board, usually you get all the staff agreeing to one ruling.

Here you get guys like SS, who actually do give thier view, which is better as it gives the game a much better development cause!

Comment

Mp3

Just get an mp3 player or music and a second pc for browsing

Comment

I'm sure that there's a reason, but that if it's possible Chris will look into it.

Comment

Yes it'd be better if it would process whilst the window was minimized, i'm often browsing websites or using MSN whilst playing so being able to do other things safe in the knowledge the came is hurtling on towards the new season would be useful. It's no big deal as it doesn't take that long, just a minor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Simbazz View Post
                          Thats why I like this board, usually you get all the staff agreeing to one ruling.

Here you get guys like SS, who actually do give thier view, which is better as it gives the game a much better development cause!
                          This board is all about developing the ICC series, all considerations will be acknowledged, be it by staff or by a member. I think the more ideas we get about the game and it's development, the better.

Comment

Working...
                          X