Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you bought EA Cricket 07?

Comment

Yes, and though its not a great game, I appreciate that the fan community on planetcricket has made it much better by being able to modify and tweak the game.

And if we are not going to get a database update for this game, then perhaps future games can be supplied with an editor to allow the fans to do just that, then people can decide which patches and databases they want to apply and people can trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
        Hi,

The actual patching system needs to be reviewed because we are currently in negotiations with on-line distributors who have their own copy protection systems. As there are not any “show stopper” bugs in the game at the moment, I thought it best to work out which systems we’ll need to deal with, rather than break things so that we can never update the game in the future. Thank you for your patience with this.

Chris Child
        G1inger/ Kiddo??, If you'd read Chris's post, then maybe you missed this part.

I for one don't mind that there hasn't been a patch out, I'm in 2013 on one game and about 2025 on another (i started on easy and got really far, then went to normal) the youth of tomorrow has to get trained to become the kevin Pietersen's of today, I've got one guy, Malcolm Anderton, who amazing, at 20, he got called up for England, and does every game now and he ave. in both test, first class, one day and ODI are all above 50, thats because i trained him to be good.

Comment

Guys please stop with the arguments and insults and keep it civil. The patch is on its way, read the OP again if you don't know why.

Comment

I dont want anyone to think I was insulting them or arguing, just merely encouraging a bit of debate.

Is that not what these things are for?

Comment

I certainly understood that it was a debate. I just merely wanted to add a bit of attitude to my post to see how G1nger would react!

Comment

Hi,

Sorry that this is casing people to get angry. The main things we're planning to fix in the patch are some initial database errors and a problem with the online game where people have disconnections. I know we have a few other minor bugs, but I'd say they really are minor. The games I've been playing have been fine for many years into the future. If I had a database editor then I'd love to release it in some form, but we have to input it all from text files, so it's really not something people could use.

The news is:
                - I've just found a candidate for the on-line disconnections. This is proving incredibly hard to track down. It only happens between certain users, with no particular pattern, but we have just managed to get an error with debug output, so we're finally making progress.
                - I'd like to patch the database with the fix for the above, as multiple patches is difficult to manage, particularly on Vista.
                - Empire are about to make a decision on online distributors, which needs to be finalised before we can patch. This should be soon though.

I hope you're all continuing to enjoy the game while we work at this. I’m glad that people are passionate about the game as I am, but please try to keep it civil (or at least funny).

Chris Child

Comment

Flaming

Stop the flaming guys...i doesn't matter how old he is or how humble he is. He can be whatever and who'ever he wants. This guy has made a game you all enjoyed (and let me add a game for a smaller market than most other genres. So as far as I can tell he is doing a good job). I'm a programmer and have tried to do a cricket game and I have to say to get an accurate score line and realistic behavior is extremly hard! Do you know how uch code goes into just one ball? Not to say an entire season!
                  Last edited by aus5892; 09-18-2008, 09:30 AM. Reason: Not English removed

Comment

wat will the patch contain ???

Comment

Read what Chris put before silly questions next time.

Comment

my apologies chris, and to other readers..

but please i posted that because i thought similar answers were given again and again. its not very bad to have too much expectations never is. I myself am a great fan of the game and congratulate Chris for his creative idea!!

though amidst all this i also know the small genre you talk of is still very huge in terms of the revenue/finance generation for not many working on this wonderful ICC series project. when requests are for updates, introductions and new ideas, replies are talks with distributors, not possible and hope u enjoyin d game ??
                        is this what people are expecting? please read the forums, threads, requests and then you would realise how disappointing such replies look!

anyways. i enjoy this game, deep down thank Chris but hate how greedy and unthankful some are becoming. i rest it here.

Comment

Sorry. I was being a bit "developer" in my response. I was really just trying to say:
                          - We're fixing a bug in the on-line game which is hard to find (and driving me nuts)
                          - Because of that the database is delayed.

As for making lots of money - I wish. Developing complex code for a niche product is extremely tight. We lost money last year because we invested in the new 3D engine, but hopefully that will be the basis to allow us to make the game for several more years. We're lucky Empire was willing to invest after a good 2005 ashes year or the game might have died.

Comment

This on-line problem has been an on-going problem and looking at e-mails, it's been about 4 weeks. I've got another bit of testing to do tomorrow, hopefully Chris can then use all his genius to fix the problem. The e-mails have been slightly more optimistic as the time has gone on! Thanks to Madman for all his help with this, not sure if he is registered here or not, and for the guys at Empire who have been involved too. Let's hope we can sort this, because it is frustrating as in the current age of games, I think a good on-line mode is important for a game like ICC.

Next year is an Ashes year...let's hope England continue their revival under KP and then we can expect a bigger user base!

We're making movements with this, that is the most important thing. We all want the patch and db update quickly, unfortunately not all circumstances allow it at the moment.

Comment

well the support you see here Chris.. tells the game would never die.. atleast the concept won't!!

Cricket captain series athough moved ahead at a slow pace.. but it surely has moved quite far ahead from where it started.
                              keep coming up with good stuff and joyful suprises. Thanks!

Comment

any news or update regarding upcoming patch?
                                Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Working...
                                X