England Players??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England Players??

Im currently captaining England and not doing a bad job. I've unveiled a few county players to be test match gems eg. adam shantry, micheal carberry, micheal munday and joe denly.

Has anyone else know of any players who turn out to be top draw international players?

I'm only at the start of the 2009 season but on the basis of that limited experience I would say you're definitely correct to pick Munday - he's played three tests for me and has taken about 15 wickets (though he can prove expensive at this early stage in his career). I would use him more were it not for Panesar, who is much more miserly and thus of more use on wickets that suit pace but also offer a bit of turn.

Tim Murtagh of Middlesex has been hovering on the fringes as a sort of bowling all-rounder; I finally gave him his debut in the West Indies but he was injured after making 10 runs in the first innings and hasn't played since! He's been very strong for his county with the ball so it would certainly be interesting to see if he could make the step up. When he recovers from the fracture that Dwayne Bravo gave him, that is.

Comment

Yep agree with what has been said.

Below are players i advise on playing for England, bowling wise at least.

Shantry, Sidebottom, Rashid, Munday, Tahir, Harris.

Comment

Hildreth and Boston both score runs.

Comment

Have only been playing the game a day. Still struggling to find a fourth seamer - with Flintoff , Harmison and Hoggard being the three main stays.

Have tried Jones , Anderson , Tremlett , Broad with no real sucess. Shantry is taking wickets so I might give him ago.

As for the batting. Rob Key is doing very well for me at the top of the order (With Cook). Been using David Sales at three. Prior as my wicket keeper and Rashid at 8 - a good line up.

Any suggestions?

Comment

To be honest I find that a fourth seamer is unnecessary - Flintoff/Broad/Tremlett plus Panesar have been an effective bowling unit for me with Munday as an optional second spinner. If Rashid is taking wickets you should be alright. I also have Collingwood higher up the order.

Comment

I don't play Collingwood. I'd like to have the 4th seamer , allows me to rotate much easier. Here is my order -

1. Cook
              2. Key *
              3. Sales
              4. Pietersen +
              5. Bell
              6. Flintoff
              7. Prior
              8. Rashid
              9. The other seamer
              10. Harminson
              11. Hoggard

India up next though , so it'll probably be two spinners.

Comment

team

My Current side is:

1.Joe Denly
                2.Micheal Carberry
                3.Dean Crawford
                4.Ian Bell
                5.Kevin Pieterson
                6.James Hildreth
                7.Matthew Prior
                8.Adam Shantry
                9.Ryan Sidebottom
                10.Andrew Davies
                11.Monty Panesar

Carberry and Crawford score alot of runs, Shantry is my best seamer but Davies has started well, Hildreth appears to have some potential aswell.

Comment

Do you all play a set 11 until someone stops performing in terms of scoring runs or taking wickets? I tend to vary it a bit more according to form and operate more as if there is a general England "squad". I'm not sure a player should go into an international match with less than 2 stars of form and the variety that gives me the chance to test good county players at the top level when there is a gap.

For instance, at the moment I'm going into the second test against Zimbabwe at the start of the domestic season in 2009. My 12 for this match is:

Cook / Vaughan (capt) / Strauss / Pietersen / Bell / Collingwood / Prior / Flintoff / Anderson / Sidebottom / Panesar / Munday

In the last test, however, I played Shah, Broad and Tremlett - all of whom are low and form and have gone back to their counties in the hope that they will pick up form ahead of the Ashes. Broad actually took five wickets in the last game but overall is too low on form to be trusted, in my view.

Comment

Yet to play!

I m yet to play wid England.
                    but to above reply, form can be improved with training and net practice

i find Rikki Clark and Ravi Bopara both to be very aggressive players both with bat and bowl in FC cricket. Do they not perform in international level??

Comment

Ravi Bopara is in my second team as Surrey...

Comment

hey

Comment

To be honest, I stick with players who are already internationals, or youngsters who have been talked about in the England context, in real life. I've just won the Ashes in Australia with a squad that was something like:

Trescothick
                          Cook
                          Key
                          Vaughan
                          Bell
                          Pietersen
                          Denly
                          Bopara
                          Shah
                          Prior
                          Collingwood
                          Rashid
                          Flintoff
                          Broad
                          Anderson
                          Jones
                          Sidebottom
                          Harmison
                          Panesar

I think that's about 18 players. I've also used Strauss, Swann, Patel and Wright consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickripper View Post
                            To be honest, I stick with players who are already internationals, or youngsters who have been talked about in the England context, in real life.
                            I certainly think it helps to be conservative with selection when playing as England. The temptation early on is to throw in new players who are doing really well for their county every time a tried and tested test player has a bit of a bad run but it rarely works out.

When looking to replace a player in the test side, through injury, retirement or a string of bad performances, I tend to look at people who have played tests this season or last season first. If any of them are doing well for their counties and look like a suitable replacement, I select them - only in the absence of someone who fits the bill do I look to the counties for a fresh test candidate.

Comment

I have been playing as England and am currently starting the season of 2014/2015. My normal squad of 11 consists of
                              1. Cook
                              2. Carberry
                              3. T.Ahern
                              4. M.Rowell
                              5. O.Shah
                              6. Flynn
                              7. Ambrose
                              8. Shantry
                              9. Tremlett
                              10. Kitson
                              11. Munday
                              It is a very consist line up with all bowlers taking over 200 wickets in there career.
                              Also i have M.Thornton, B.Jenkins., S.Patel and W.Wilde in and out.
                              its easier to keep a consistent side and there is realli no point in droppign them coz if there star rating. they will be back in form someitme soon

Comment

Working...
                              X