Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crikey

Hello all.

I've just finished the 2008 tour of India playing as England. Alastair Cook has made his 10th test century of the year and we've still got the tour of the West Indies to go. If only he was this good in real life...

I was wondering if this is happening frequently in the new game? Has anyone else had a batsman perform this spectacularly in test matches across a sustained period of time?

What level are you playing on?

Comment

Normal. That's why I was so surprised. I don't play on the easy level.

Comment

Owais Shah scored two consecutive double centuries in Australia for me, and averages just above 60 from about 20 test matches. Also, Andrew Strauss was playing awfully as an opener for me, he scored like 40 runs in a 3 test series, so I dropped him and recalled Marcus Trescothick, who has averaged about 50 since he came back into the side.

Comment

Yeah, I've had a similar experience - although I'm not at the stage of the tour to Australia yet. Shah has performed consistently for me. Strauss did badly and was dropped, but due to injuries I brought him back into the side and he's scored a couple of centuries in six tests, which is fine by me. I don't pick Trescothick because he's retired in real life - that's probably shooting myself in the foot! I'm now touring Pakistan at the end of 2009; he could easily have come out of retirement by Royal command or something!

Comment

Working...
          X