Patch and Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch and Update

As previously mentioned, there are loads of really good ideas relating to the game such as:

More player media interaction

More realistic training and coaching

Player transfers etc

More realistic fielding, in particular relating to run outs

Tweaks to scoring

What are the chances of some of these being incorporated into the new patch, just to give game users a taste of the new improved game.

Or is the intention not to release any updates this year.

I get the impression that the patch will come out to fix bugs and defects as well as any major player dayer problems.

Any major game changes would not be in a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Glamorgan View Post
      As previously mentioned, there are loads of really good ideas relating to the game such as:

More player media interaction

In a patch this is unlikely, only likely to be included as a feature in a new game in the series

More realistic training and coaching

Again, a more in-depth module is unlikely in a patch.

Player transfers etc

How do you mean? Do you mean how we have seen an increase in mid-season loan deals amongst counties?

If this is more related to changing how the run-outs work, it is unlikely to feature in a patch.

Tweaks to scoring

I think this is planned for the patch

What are the chances of some of these being incorporated into the new patch, just to give game users a taste of the new improved game.

Or is the intention not to release any updates this year.
      Replies in bold.

New features are very unlikely to feature in a patch, they are more likely to appear in a new game, rather than an update. These replies are just my interpretations. I haven't had any involvement in the patch making. I know Chris has mentioned somewhere about tweaking scoring rates, and the database is to be updated for the patch, too. Apart from that, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Comment

Player transfers etc

How do you mean? Do you mean how we have seen an increase in mid-season loan deals amongst counties

YES

If this is more related to changing how the run-outs work, it is unlikely to feature in a patch.

Just would like to see better fielding, particulary in relation to fielders making run outs

Comment

any news on the patch/update?, chris says it was delayed about 3 weeks ago, its all gone very quiet......im wondering now if it will be ICC2009.
          Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I wish people would stop saying ICC 2009, this is still a new game and we're awaiting an update. How is ICC 2009 being talked about already? It'll be released, surely, in 2009.

Comment

I hope Zander De Bruyn gets added to the Somerset squad.

Also, why should we play 10,000 for Physio sessions, and get 0 sessions?

Scoring needs to be increased slightly in the shorter forms of the game. As do the cpu making 600 on uneven pitches occasionaly.

Comment

Will Chris make a thread when the patch is out?

Comment

Most probably he will why won't he?

Comment

Working...
                  X