Kevin Pietersen Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Pietersen Poll

I've seen a million polls already asking whether KP will make a good captain. So I thought I'd ask a more controversial question.

Has KP been given the England captaincy to buy him out of an IPL contract?
    Yes
    38.10%
    No
    61.90%

No, he has been made captain because he is one of only two places that are assured in both the test match and one day sides.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. I would hope not, but there's a feeling that that may have been a reason. However, he has often said he is very much commited to England and holds than in a higher regard than the IPL.

There is only one way to srt this out, and that's to agree a window with the ICC for the IPL. It solves most problems.

Comment

I don't think so. He is the only player guaranteed of a place in all three formats. And based on our performance so far he seems to be a 'loving' captain. Even if he was given the captaincy to buy him out of an IPL contract, it wouldn't bother me, because he is our best player. But I don't believe that to be the case. He's about the right age to captain the side. Everyone was expecting KP to be given the captaincy. If he wasn't and it was a bolt out of the blue then I think it would be suspicious.

Comment

I think ECB has played game to take KP away from IPL.There was no other reasons other than struggle between BCCI and ECB.

Comment

Interesting theory, it may have contributed to it, but I think mostly it's because he's the only guy in your team who isn't going to get dropped in the near future.

Comment

Working...
            X