Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling

Hi folks.

Im currently Hampshire in the game but i find it hard. When i play one day matches i just cant seem to get batters to stay in. I start them off defensive and then as they settle i push them up unless they have a new bowler then i push them down depending on how far depending on how much hes settled in.

First Class im ok but could do with tips on everything to be honest.

I dont use the chain or bat icons when im batting but should i, is it important?

Anything to help me would be very appreciative.

Seeing as you've started with Hampshire i'll help

The bat/chain are things which are needed at very specific times.

Bat - Means one batsmen hogs the strike. Important for when you need to etch out 50 more runs with your WK and two tailenders left

Click the bat on the WK's display and he'll hog the strike, or try to. But make sure you have the tail-enders aggression low, and the WK'ers (Or batsmen, im just giving an example) agression maybe one bar higher than the line!

Chain
    - Very useful in ODi's. This gives you the ability to choose two differnt aggressions against the bowlers! So if you have Shane Warne (obviously again giving an example) bowling, you don't want to use too much aggression. So click the chain (so now they're apart) and choose your aggression to him. If then Ian Bell comes on to bowl, he isn't very good, so set the aggression to high so you can punish every bad ball more! This means that you have to differnt aggressions!

Just make sure that you see the bowling change as they may recall a good bowler like Adil Rashid, and he'll take the wicket

Hope this helps.

Comment

I'll find the chain one useful as well Simbazz, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Phantom Ram View Post
        I'll find the chain one useful as well Simbazz, cheers.
        No worries, always happy to help the community Especially as this is a fantastic game!

Comment

Originally posted by Simbazz View Post
          No worries, always happy to help the community Especially as this is a fantastic game!
          Ditto i love it. Its so geeky though i wouldn't admit publicly to liking it, only on the net.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help Simbazz. By the way when does the next one come out?

Comment

Originally posted by MCFCKEV View Post
              Thank you so much for your help Simbazz. By the way when does the next one come out?
              Next ICC? Next year i'd imagine As this is newly out.

There is a patch coming shortly (All you need to do is when you see its out, click internet (or online not sure) and it'll automatically start )

Comment

I like the game so much that i purchased it through soft wrap from the website, and i will continue to do so.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-08-2008, 01:41 PM. Reason: piracy content removed

Comment

Working...
                X