New Challenge on ICC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenge on ICC

Hey guys i sorta came up with an idea for like a new storyline for future icc . Do yo guys reckon it would be good if the future games would have like a start from scratch sort of challenge were u can create ur on team maybye name it or chosse ur own logo full of unknown players or customisable players to compete in the county championship. You could also chosse sponsors and a county ground and maybye like choose peple to hire so like a list of physios with different ratings or a batting coach with different rating.

Tell us wat u think if u like tell us wat could be added

I think the idea of starting with a bunch of completely new players would go against the base of the game. That being the county season. I suppose the closest you would likely get in future versions would be control of youth teams.

The more commercial aspects are unlikely, again, because it's a management simulator. Don't get that kind of thing in Football Manager. Though you do control physios and scouts on that. I can't see commercial aspects being controllable in future versions though.

Please don't post in text talk.

Comment

With respect, I couldn't disagree with you more.

The idea suggested (the start from scratch model) is precisely the type of thing that brings potential new players to a game, with only a very minimal change to the game itself. Obviously many, if not most players will stick to the prefab database, but simply having the option to not do that will add far more interest to others, plus it wont diminish the quality of the game for those who do want the prefab. The point is that people have different reasons to play the game, 1.) to create a lifelike recreation of the games we see, 2.) to start from a completely different standpoint and see where things go.

From a sheer marketing perspective, to add such a small optional feature to the game is just good economic sense as its adds extra potential sales without taking anything away from those who enjoy the game as it is now.

The commercial aspects (sponsorship etc) are very difficult to implement in games because of all the copyright restrictions and so forth that come in to play.

Comment

It could bring a new type of player to the series, you're right. But how would you implement it?

Say take a county, and you have an option to start with just the whole youth team playing? Or literally just create your own team? Then lump them into the county system?

Comment

The county system is a very organised thing, remember that. You can't just "add" a team in at random. Now...if you were to create a totally new database and have an arbitrary league where you could take control of new players from there, that would work. But it would involve creating a WHOLE new database, in addition to the existing county and international database.

That's not an easy feat.

Comment

yea guys thanks for the responses. It really does just depend on how you do play the game i really like the idea of starting a team from scratch and trying to get it to succed. As for trying to fit an extra team onto the county circut it could be pretty hard but their are alternatives such as replacing a county team or even starting a completley random league. as for the youth team i that wasnt the idea that i exactly had although it is brilliant what i was suggesting was something like a county capable team with brilliant to not so good players different ages from 20-to god knows what and with different skill levels
            Last edited by SamtotheC; 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Well it could be like CREATE A NATION and its domestic league (of youth players) and start competing to get selected in the world cup.
              The challenge can include ,
              1)Improve the level of domestic circuit
              2)Earn more money to get more facilities
              3)Slowly become test playing nation
              etc.

Comment

Working...
              X