Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game modes poll

Hi,

I'm interested to find out how people play the game, so we can direct the most design effort at the most popular game modes. Can you take a minute to vote on this poll?

Chris Child
    International only
    40.00%
    International and county
    35.56%
    County only (refusing international captaincy)
    42.22%
    Online (with one of the above)
    11.11%
    Last edited by Chris Child; 07-28-2008, 05:45 PM.

I voted county only, but that's only because I find the GUI very cumbersome in international: the lack of sortable stats, different test & ODI squads, etc. although the same things existing in county mode, the numbers of players either available in free agency or within your squad selection screen are far far less and it is very to sort through the players you need to. When I have hundreds of players in a list, I find the frustratiion factor is not worth it.

If the usability of the international mode were increased, then I would play county and test mode.

Comment

County only becuz ODIs are unrealistic compare to OD games. plus you dont get the same result in training a player as compare to county mode.
      Add to that the lack of selection screen which was present in previous games.

Comment

I either go International only or County and refuse the International job as when your a county boss it annoys me when the AI takes over my county team and doesn't play who I would play. If there was someway that we were able to pick the team that your county would play I would pick International and County.

Comment

I play international only. Not because I'm adverse for captaining a county - but because I'm Australian and find it difficult to manage an English side.

(Hint Hint ).

Comment

i play county only just because the story line and more options for selection it is aso very satisfying signing a promising youth player than selecting "well known" international players in international and whenever i get offered to captain australia i decline but that just the way i play it

Comment

International only because ...I just like it. It seems like an arcade version of the game without the budget and stuff. But one little thing I dont get is the limited coaching in international mode. An international team like Australia or South Africa have expert trainers to coach everyone right? Then why do we get only 8 coaching sessions? If someone doesnt train in a national team, he is thrown out in real life right?
              Icc 2005 and 2006 were the best.

Comment

I play County only, occasionally I go on-line. I find it more of a challenge, more realistic, if you will. Building up my own team is fantastic, though it isn't when you run out of budget and have to have youth players fill up your minimum squad of 18...

Comment

I play International only mostly, I do do county and international as well sometimes but it's harder to get into when you don't know all the players.

Comment

I am playing County at the moment, i had a spell as an international manager too, but found the county circuit more enjoyable. Online is great too, however it would be nice to be able to arrrage online tournemants and have the stas recorded throughout the series etc.

Comment

A bit of all four really. I find them all fun.

Comment

I play international and county because my passion for one or the other varies according to my mood! I agree with some of the comments about improving this option, though, especially the request that international managers retain some control over selection at their chosen county during test matches and ODIs.

Comment

Would be more likely to play the full game if more than the English county season was playable (eg Australia, NZ or whatever)

Comment

is it me or was a few peoples arguments against no editor because it ruins online games? no1 plays online according to this. when i go online (rarely) theres never anymore then 5 people on.

Comment

I will play all 4 when I have decent side for online.

Comment

Working...
                              X