Are the Umpires That Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Umpires That Bad?

I've noticed that maybe 90% of the appeals that the umpires turn down are shown by Hawkeye to be out.

Are the ICC umpires that bad or is this an anomaly in the game?

They nearly always get them right on my game, I thought that they had a decent rate of good and bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
      They nearly always get them right on my game, I thought that they had a decent rate of good and bad decisions.
      Agreed !, i think the balance is perfect now.
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

The umpires are close to being spot on, with a small margin of error. They often will not give something out if it was just clipping the top of the stumps (as in the real game).

Often a ball that hits the stumps isn't out because it pitched outside leg stump. You can improve your chances of an LBW by bowling around the wicket to a left-hander (right-handed bowler). They will also give "not out" if the ball struck the batsman outside the line of off-stump.

Comment

One related thing: Can batsmen leave the ball more often, they seem to defend more than the need to.

Comment

Thanks Chris for your explanation.

Great game. I got hooked on the very first ICC and now this one has me hooked again.

Comment

Working...
            X