Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely value the feedback on the engine. I spend a huge amount of time making sure this is correct. The scores are higher due to the 5% changes I mentioned in the top levels. The question is whether this is correct or not. From the test I’ve done it’s working as I intended. It’s statistically more accurate to modern scoring rates. I wonder if OD/T20 issues might be long time Cricket Captain players being used to lowers scores than real life.

The database feedback is valuable too and we are addressing as much as we can in the patch.

Comment

My gripe, as I've mentioned to Sureshot a few months back, is the international fixture lists and in particular how the Test Championship works, with an uneven amount of series being played by teams competing within it. An update to tours matching the 2023-2027 FTP would be greatly appreciated. Obviously after that it would be expected to be randomised, but if the 6 series per team, 3 home and 3 away, in each WTC cycle and not playing the same team as part of that could be incorporated, that would add a great deal of realism to the game for me.

At the time, Sureshot mentioned that this was being looked at for the next release, which I appreciate from the OP has been delayed. Can I ask if this will stll form part of the new release?

I've hardly put any time into the new game as a result of this really so can't comment much on the match engine, but I'm looking forward to actually playing the game more when the above is fixed.

Comment

These will be fixed in the next update. We’ve very close to releasing that now.

Comment

That's great, thanks

Comment

Another example of unrealistic aggression. From one of our FB members Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3869.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	81984

Comment

Haha come off it.
              In England? I very much doubt it. Even the weather conditions/effects wouldn’t allow teams to bat this long!
              Two English Counties simultaneously could not reach these scores! (The Gloucs supporter agrees)!
              So another bloated example and this one’s not from me, it’s another player whom I’ve never met!
              Last edited by Yorkie; 10-27-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

A couple more crazy examples

Comment

sorry guys i have never been more frustrated with the white ball format in this game. I can barely win an ODI with my SL team. I post 290-320 and it gets chased down in 35 overs I mean come on and that too by windies... Can someone advise on some bowling plans? I am losing my head in this game now. I haven't played cricket captain since 2012 version so been a long break for me but this is ridiculous now. Even targeting or bowling opposite to batsman strengths don't work. Good bowlers like Hasaranga Madhushanka Theakshana getting smashed 8-9 an over is super unrealistic in an odi especially in SL where wickets will never be that flat.

Comment

Nepal Semi-finalists. Seriously?

Comment

And now UAE! What’s happening guys?

Comment

What’s your page Yorkie would love to join?

Comment

Love to have you. 2.5k members and growing!
                          ICC Cricket Fans (Rebooted group) FB Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_3921.pngViews:	0Size:	600.2 KBID:	82055
                          Last edited by Yorkie; 12-04-2023, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Sureshot Chris Child are there any plans to reach out and try and engage with Yorkie's Facebook group? The forum is dead and as a result I think you’ll need to be proactive in reachong out for the feedback you need and I assume want if the game is to improve.

Comment

Yorkie turns out I was already part of the group lol. That group is far more active than this forum. Maybe they should also consider Discord, a good blend between FB and forum.

Comment

No worries my friend. Hope you’re finding our group both entertaining and informative.
                                Check out my T20 tips via ‘Files’ an interesting read!

Comment

Working...
                                X