X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2023 released on Nintendo Switch™

Cricket Captain 2023 is now available on the Nintendo Switch™ eShop

I definitely notice that the game is chugging a little on the switch and even at times causing the fan to kick in. Is there anyway you could optimise it further or is the hardware limiting like it is for a lot of other games on the switch haha. Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing from you

Comment

Originally posted by Sorys View Post
      I definitely notice that the game is chugging a little on the switch and even at times causing the fan to kick in. Is there anyway you could optimise it further or is the hardware limiting like it is for a lot of other games on the switch haha. Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing from you
      We've done a lot of optimisation for Switch pre-release, I'm guessing you're noticing this when selecting Play Over?

If you have any feedback on Controller navigation, we'd like to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've done a lot of optimisation for Switch pre-release, I'm guessing you're noticing this when selecting Play Over?

If you have any feedback on Controller navigation, we'd like to hear it.
        The big hangups I have noticed yes when you hit play over, but also when season ends you are fast forwarding to the next season and when you are starting a new game. Additionally, when you finish bidding for players and other teams are bidding its does chug a little bit as well. Finally, the save takes a little while as well but I can understand this is storage limited as well. If the season change over and fast forward could be sped up I think that would deal with the most annoying one i can live with the others. This is all while handheld though I will say. I also think you should commit to one view or another rather than having different views for tablet mode and for docked mode. The screen is definitely big enough but that's entirely up to you. All controls below are for tablet mode.

As for the controller feedback I do find the constant need to press R1 and L1 to move to different areas a little jarring if we could just use the R Joystick to move to any aera of the screen rather than need to move to different areas of the screen that would be fantastic. I do understand when swapping players in and out of the starting 11 it would a little longer but feel the controls would gel a little better.
        - As for new controls for R1 and L1 was wondering if these could be used to swap to different views. So, in game that is swapping from commentary to batting card to bowling card to summary and in-between matches that would be swapping between menu and the news sections.
        - When in Team Details R1 and L1 can swap between Squad, Performance, Records, Partnerships and Finance while R2 and L2 can swap between different teams.
        - When in Contracts R1 and L1 can swap between Expired, Youth, Squad Budget, Offers and Overseas players respectively. In team details, and during contracts to select filters if you could assign Y to it that would be awesome.
        - When in Match Summary the R1 and L1 Buttons can swap between the Innings with the Batting being on the left and the bowling on the right with R2 and L2 swapping between the different games or even pressing Y again here to select the different games.
        - In the menu section having to swap between R1 and L1 for the different columns as well as the different sections of the screens are a bit annoying so if you can just select via the joystick that would be great.
        - Could we assign R3 to the Auto play function as well?
        - Potentially have a hot button in-between matches to progress time could be a nice add like we have during games to progress to the next over.
        - If possible if you take the two advice pieces above into consideration, you could move the on screen button for Next Over, Next Ball and Auto play from the bottom of the screen and attach them to the side
        - Finally for the main menu you cant select down you have to use right and left only which is more just an annoyance than anything.​

Edit: I know its a pretty expansive rework of the controls but i genuinely feel it will make the game a little more fluid to understand when not using the touch screen
        Last edited by Sorys; 08-01-2023, 03:18 AM. Reason: added an edit annotation acknowledging the amount of changes proposed.

Comment

Working...
        X