FAO Devs: CPU Strike Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Devs: CPU Strike Rate

I understand that being able to play the "BazBall" style is a big addition for this year's game, but I think that you've gone way too far with it. I'm 5 seasons into a save as England and 80% of the time the opposition, including nations such as Ireland and Afghanistan are scoring 350-450+ runs on the first day. It is completely unrealistic and is ruining my immersion and enjoyment of this years game. Not sure if you're able to or interested in doing so, but I suggest you tone it down slightly. Even batsmen with defensive preferences are scoring 150 or so at a 85/90% strike rate.

My sentiments entirely. Scores are bloated and sadly now unrealistic. Remember it’s only England adopting this carefree batting approach, but all Countries have now adopted Bazball (equal game coding).
    It’s spoilt game immersion and it’s sad because the game engine/ gameplay was perfect on 22 before bazball. Maybe a patch to tone down aggression would bring some realism back?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
      My sentiments entirely. Scores are bloated and sadly now unrealistic. Remember it’s only England adopting this carefree batting approach, but all Countries have now adopted Bazball (equal game coding).
      It’s spoilt game immersion and it’s sad because the game engine/ gameplay was perfect on 22 before bazball. Maybe a patch to tone down aggression would bring some realism back?
      I think this is happening in county championship mode also… after 2 or 3 seasons the opposition smash 6’s & 4’s ll over the place !

Comment

We're taking a look at this, guys.

Comment

Thanks Sureshot, I’m not normally one to grumble but it’s got a bit unrealistic. I with a couple of others run an ICC Facebook page and 70% of my members have said the aggression is actually too much which is further evidence.

Comment

Yorkie is it possible to get a link to your Facebook icc page ? Would be interested in this thanks.

Comment

giallo you’re welcome to join us. Our membership has soared recently. There’s hints, tips, records, questions, people sharing their stories etc.. Our members are from all over the world, all enjoying this amazing game on several versions!
              Just search for International Cricket Captain Fans (rebooted group) on FB.
              Last edited by Yorkie; 07-27-2023, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I really don’t want the aggression levels to be toned down. I feel that this year has got it very good in terms of realism for how aggressive teams play especially in the longer version of the game. I’ve not had the experience of all teams scoring at incredibly fast rates, rather teams all having certain periods within a game where the run rate is high.

Comment

If anyone has an example in a save where you think Strike Rates are too high, can you send it to me? If you don't know how to do it, reply here.

Comment

Working...
                  X