Bazball Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bazball Engine

Hi guys just wondering how everybody else is finding the touted Bazball engine? I'm finding it tough to score anywhere near 60+% SR in first class game without players getting out cheaply all the time.

In ICC2022 I would play with two aggression bars above normal and that produced some really good 80%+ SR innings very much in the style of Bazball, so for me it feels like this has actually regressed.

Opinions are subjective though so I'm keen to get others insight.

In the past I would always start on two bars, increase to three once half settled, and four when fully settled, up to five or six if chasing quick runs. However, on this year's game, this hasn't seemed to work for me and I have suffered many collapses and had very slow starts from the openers.

The last few games I've played with Hampshire, I've started on two bars for the first six balls faced, then up to three, four once half settled and either leaving on four or increasing to five when fully settled, depending on the situation. Only a very small sample size (2/3 games) but I've had much better success so far.

Comment

I've only played a season and a bit as Australia and have noticed the opposition can score big scores quite quickly. On the other hand, I've also been able to score big in return and all but one match has seen a result so far.

I had a similar strategy in previous games but for CC23, I've been leaving my batsmen on two bars until they're fully settled and then turn them up to 4-6 bars depending on the situation. Smaller scores of course but once a batsman gets going, they can get a big total.

Comment

Only played a few games but so far plenty has happened

David Warner scored a 137 ball 136. His century came from just 96 balls.

Collapsed horribly. Ended up 63 all out but at one point was 5-14.

Had Ben Duckett and Zak Crawley make a 186 run stand against me.

Pujara even went bazball mode on me. He scored 102 from 150 but at one point was 53 from 57.

Usually I start with batters on 1 bar for their first 10-20 balls, then move it up to two until they're 75% settled where I move it up to 3 bars. Once they're fully settled I'll move it up to 4-6 bars, depending on the match situation. However, I've found greater success starting more aggressively, on two bars and quickly moving to three.

Comment

UPDATE:

I canned the save I had going and started a new one. All of a sudden strike rates and averages have greatly improved. Great game so far loving it. Great job guys!

Comment

Working...
          X