Realism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism

I was wondering why Ireland and Afghanistan couldn't play in the test championship or have a way to promote them, I saw someone asking the same thing I think in this year's addition.
    The dev said it's not realistic and the goal for them is to simulate realism as much as they can, while you're at that let me please note down a few more things over the years that aren't realistic at all and have been mentioned numerous times by so many other players.

The use of the 5th bowlers in FC matches, hardly gets any overs in or in the past two editions say Australia has has starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, richardson, green, The came could favour green more than maybe starc and richardson and one of the other would bowl hardly and overs in the game. L/O has the same problem if there are 6-7 bowling options theyd still stick w the core 5 bowlers maybe give just 2 overs to the 6th never more than that. Why can't it be adjusted to the stamina and performance in the game.

Dynamic batting positions - a pinch hitter coming in before a more defensive player or the opposite if the situation requires it. This is a whole new feature to implement so still okay.

What about indian players playing in overseas leagues, barring county in england indians aren't eligible for their own domestic tournaments if they play in any other league outside of India. Pakistani players in IPL. IPL teams and playing 11's just being wholy indian in a matter of 2-5 seasons because the AI rarely bids and brings in overseas players for their teams. Doesn't sim reality one bit
    My problem with the dev is to not hide behind “simulating reality", if adding another feature is tough just be truthful about it not give the excuse of sim realism. The match engines have been tuned up over the years really nicely. But the things I have mentioned above and other issues that other players have mentioned continue to be ignored or already have an excuse for.

I fail to see your point here. You’re asking the devs to not be realistic then complaining about other things that are “not realistic”? I admire the hypocrisy.

Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan barely play enough tests a year to match an Ashes series, let alone a Test championship. Ireland have acknowledged previously it’s not that financially viable for them. So in the pursuit of realism, why would this be added?

Sure, you’ve made points about other non realistic things. But you appear to be forgetting this is a small team creating the game not a big company like Sports Interactive. The devs here arguably listen more to feedback as well. Give them a chance to actually focus on improving the game rather than hammering them as soon as you find something you don’t like.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Why I brought out the unrealistic details was to point out the hypocrisy of their version of “realism". You've probably been buying this game for years just like all the others me included this game is probably run by our support. I would hate for the game to not come out every year even if its just a data update, I'd still cry about the fact that some features aren't being implemented. So its not me hammering them down as soon as I wasn't pleased, its been like this for years, I think i deserve to complain a little, thanks!

Comment

Shouldn't the unrealistic things like indians not playing in other leagues or pakistanis not playing in indian leagues be implemented to make the perfect realistic game, this cant be that hard?? And I am not the only one to bring this up nor is this something new. Its been asked over a number of years

Comment

You've completely ignored my point to suit your narrative.

You're asking for Ireland/Afghanistan to be added to the Test Championship when it is not realistic, then complaining about realism when you literally want to break that idea.

Sure, I'd love to see other things shored up. But there are honestly more important things than whether a Pakistani player can play in India.

Comment

I would like to break the idea and I have been a bit hypocritical. All I am saying is if realism is the first priority it should be consistent, and indian, pakistani players could be a start or the next step since that seems the easiest to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
              I fail to see your point here. You’re asking the devs to not be realistic then complaining about other things that are “not realistic”? I admire the hypocrisy.

Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan barely play enough tests a year to match an Ashes series, let alone a Test championship. Ireland have acknowledged previously it’s not that financially viable for them. So in the pursuit of realism, why would this be added?

Sure, you’ve made points about other non realistic things. But you appear to be forgetting this is a small team creating the game not a big company like Sports Interactive. The devs here arguably listen more to feedback as well. Give them a chance to actually focus on improving the game rather than hammering them as soon as you find something you don’t like.
              You are clearly missing the point that OP is trying to make here. He is giving an example in which the devs had cited the reason for not implementing of a fantasy feature as it is against realism. Which by the way is absolutely valid as neither the devs nor we know how the progression of the new Test nations will be handled in real life.

Keeping the same perspective, he has mentioned other points in which reality is not pictured in the game which should be as the game tries to model itself on the reality aspect.

Use of the 5th/6th/7th bowler and using hard hitters before defensive batsman in slog overs is a pretty common occurrence in nearly every OD/T20 game played across the world. So asking for that to be implemented is a valid suggestion. I would even go on to say that this should have been addressed way before Bazball style of aggression play was introduced in the game.

Regarding the point of India players playing in outside T20 leagues, Pak players playing in IPL and IPL playing XIs consisting of no foreign players 3-4 years into gameplay, the OP is correct in pointing out that these points should have been kept as per the real world scenario. This is not a new thing in real world cricket. The same has been occuring in reality since 2008/09 and we are currently in 2023. 15 years is a long time to address and correct this even for a small development team.

Also, some of these points have already been mentioned in a polite manner by users in earlier version's forums as well , so I don't think mentioning them again is hammering it in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Preed View Post
                Use of the 5th/6th/7th bowler and using hard hitters before defensive batsman in slog overs is a pretty common occurrence in nearly every OD/T20 game played across the world. So asking for that to be implemented is a valid suggestion. I would even go on to say that this should have been addressed way before Bazball style of aggression play was introduced in the game.

Regarding the point of India players playing in outside T20 leagues, Pak players playing in IPL and IPL playing XIs consisting of no foreign players 3-4 years into gameplay, the OP is correct in pointing out that these points should have been kept as per the real world scenario. This is not a new thing in real world cricket. The same has been occuring in reality since 2008/09 and we are currently in 2023. 15 years is a long time to address and correct this even for a small development team.

Also, some of these points have already been mentioned in a polite manner by users in earlier version's forums as well , so I don't think mentioning them again is hammering it in anyway.
                They are definitely valid suggestions but I'm beginning to think that small changes like that aren't as simple to implement as they seem. The game is running on code that is essentially 15 years old and minor features and small gameplay changes are treated as big deals. I'd love to be wrong and would appreciate a patch that balances 5th+ bowlers and realistic international signings but despite it being discussed for a while and changes like those seem to match the dev's philosophy on realism, it still hasn't been implemented.

To be fair though, I like the idea of being able to have Azam and Kohli on the same IPL team just as much as I would like to take Ireland or Afghanistan to the WTC final.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post

They are definitely valid suggestions but I'm beginning to think that small changes like that aren't as simple to implement as they seem. The game is running on code that is essentially 15 years old and minor features and small gameplay changes are treated as big deals. I'd love to be wrong and would appreciate a patch that balances 5th+ bowlers and realistic international signings but despite it being discussed for a while and changes like those seem to match the dev's philosophy on realism, it still hasn't been implemented.

To be fair though, I like the idea of being able to have Azam and Kohli on the same IPL team just as much as I would like to take Ireland or Afghanistan to the WTC final.
                  This is a much more nuanced take. People suggest various things that should be in and shouldn't be, but the reality is that it's a smaller team that other companies (see Sports Interactive as an example), and things take time to fix. Realism across the board would be lovely - I've not actually disputed the suggestions OP makes shouldn't be there, but the reality is that there are probably higher things on the list. A season where countries stop changing their domestic systems would be nice for example, would free up a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
                  X