ODI cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODI cricket

I am after some help on ODI cricket. I can’t seem to limit the opposition to under 280 and struggle to score over 250 unless the pitch is dead flat. When I do post a big 300+ score the opposition chase it easily. What are some tips to try and help this

3 quick 1 spinner 2 AR

Bowl at 1 Bar aggression from start all the way through... this hwlps me as a good base
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      3 quick 1 spinner 2 AR

Bowl at 1 Bar aggression from start all the way through... this hwlps me as a good base
      One bar is my go to for OD matches too and works better than any other aggression I've tested, just be mindful of the 10 over mark when you can begin to put more fielders out.

Another way to reduce the opposition total is to bowl first when possible. In my experience, AI will accelerate the run rate earlier if chasing a big total, adding about 50 extra runs to their total.

For batting I try to take advantage of the first 10 overs by being a bit attacking with my openers. Having two aggressive openers means you're not playing catch up with the run rate at the end.

My middle order batters always come in and play defensively for a few overs until they have a bit of confidence, then start ticking over the run rate without being too risky.

At around over 35 (or 40 if I've lost too many wickets), I start turning up the aggression. At this point wickets in hand are key as you'll be losing a few and lower order batsmen can't keep up the run rate for more than an over or two.

If you do get to your tail-enders, play them defensively and have the batsmen farm the strike with high aggression. Tail enders can also put on a handy few runs an over if they need to as a last resort.

Also on the selection screen, pay attention to a player's. A batsman's form seems to affect how long they can stay out in the middle and a bowler's for seems to affect wickets rather than economy.

Comment

Working...
      X