The game is DEAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game is DEAD?

Was just chatting with Jamesy1984 the other day and he said that the game is seemingly dead, with no one online - NOT EVEN ONE player online. I've witnessed the same. Has the world gone back to the old normal or is it something with the game? Sad to see hardly anyone playing these days.
    Hope to see more activity in the coming days or the New Year.

I play the game a bit but I'm not a huge online player... just doesn't interest me as much as creating my own dynasty
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Same here, I have never played online, I've kept purley to pitting my wits against the computer.

Comment

I never play online and I play the game every year. Its a mostly single player game. Playing online is very slow and risky.
        And lastly only a few people who buy the game play online and only a very small minority of those people are on this forum

Comment

If it’s any consolation saviopaes at least you’ll not suffer any abuse or a disconnection..
          Everyone to their own mate, but I don’t get the online bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
            If it’s any consolation saviopaes at least you’ll not suffer any abuse or a disconnection..
            Everyone to their own mate, but I don’t get the online bit?
            that's true (about the abuse and disconnection) but sometimes you do want to test your skills against another human (instead of a computer). It does depend of course from person to person.
            I have the highest regard for those who play against the computer and manage to defeat it coz afterall it isn't the human mind to make silly errors.

Comment

Online activity can be sporadic, we had some down time a little while ago. The online stability issues this year haven't helped either.

We're still working on an update to release before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post
                Was just chatting with Jamesy1984 the other day and he said that the game is seemingly dead, with no one online - NOT EVEN ONE player online. I've witnessed the same. Has the world gone back to the old normal or is it something with the game? Sad to see hardly anyone playing these days.
                Hope to see more activity in the coming days or the New Year.
                I have never played online myself

Comment

Personally I play a lot offline and only take a team online once it feels strong enough, which takes a lot of seasons if you start with a weak county.

The team has to be really strong because a lot of online players will play T20s with IPL or have well established teams so often offer far more of a challenge than playing against most domestic sides, especially in England. So it’s not that I have found players tactics too challenging but rather that an IPL side can be completely made up of T20 internationals of very high quality unlike most domestic sides.

As such it is like putting your domestic team against an international team and more often than not there will be a weak link in an English domestic side. It is a good way of seeing if that batsman who you are sure should be playing internationals but keeps getting overlooked is really up to it!

When I do have a team I give it a few matches but connection issues (my side included) can make it frustrating and it is even worse when the other player leaves you hanging until it disconnects!

Comment

Working...
                  X