How fast do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast do you play?

Reading some of the posts in here giving reviews and reporting bugs, etc., I'm always quite surprised that people are reporting things that have happened multiple seasons into the future. My question is, how do you all play so fast!? I bought this latest edition on the Steam release day a few weeks ago, and am only a couple of months into my first season!

I don't play every day, and I almost never skip games, so that doesn't help with getting through seasons quickly. In terms of actual matches, I find a first class game can take a good 1.5 hours sometimes, maybe around 45-60 minutes for a 50-over game, and about 20-30 minutes for a T20. I play with medium highlights, and tend to play FC over by over and all limited overs games ball by ball. Is that an unusually long time to take on matches?! Really interested to hear how everyone else plays!

I use my imagination and play on none highlights. I play on mobile so a test match usually takes 10-15 minutes, Odi takes about 5 minutes and a t20 takes about 3 minutes. I do not play play daily but I would say it takes ma around 4 days to 4 weeks to complete a season depending on how much time I have ( sometimes I stop playing it completely for days until I watch a live match or there is a big series going on like the ashes).

Comment

I’m about exactly same as you with all your criteria.
      I’m looking to get through around 8 or 10 seasons a year and stop playing when the real players have mostly gone and Regens are flooding the game. (Can’t see point at this stage).
      Then onto the next version perfectly timed after a year.
      Big fan and have bought every game since conception.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
        I’m about exactly same as you with all your criteria.
        I’m looking to get through around 8 or 10 seasons a year and stop playing when the real players have mostly gone and Regens are flooding the game. (Can’t see point at this stage).
        Then onto the next version perfectly timed after a year.
        Big fan and have bought every game since conception.
        I do exactly the same. I usually play 10-15 years until current players have retired. Though it doesn't take me a year though. Usually around 2-4 months depending on the team I play with. I play as one of big 3 or Pak,Nz,Sa or very rarely sl and wi

Comment

I bowl in Test, FC and T20s on 4+ highlights, otherwise in wickets + chances. If I'm seeing out a match for a draw then just wickets.

Play not every day but will maybe play a test/FC innings or LO match over a coffee. I seem to rattle through some seasons but take ages over others. The big difference is that I have almost no time to sit down with my laptop to play but with the mobile it is easy to play casually. It works like a gambling app but without the imminent threat of having my car taken away by bailiffs.

Comment

Is there any way to simulate an entire domestic season in one go?

Comment

I might get through a whole season in a weekend or spend a whole week on one first class match. Usually I play with no highlights but for some shorter matches I turn them on just to be able to change strategy quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post
                I use my imagination and play on none highlights. I play on mobile so a test match usually takes 10-15 minutes, Odi takes about 5 minutes and a t20 takes about 3 minutes. I do not play play daily but I would say it takes ma around 4 days to 4 weeks to complete a season depending on how much time I have ( sometimes I stop playing it completely for days until I watch a live match or there is a big series going on like the ashes).
                That's really interesting. I've only ever played the desktop version. Didn't realise you could blast through games so quickly! Sounds like you might not have so much control over things though going at that speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post

That's really interesting. I've only ever played the desktop version. Didn't realise you could blast through games so quickly! Sounds like you might not have so much control over things though going at that speed?
                  Not really mate. I check the over by over analysis if the game is tense and play ball by ball in the death overs if the match is tight.
                  I tried playing on med highlights once. Will give it another go at some point. I can either play on none or medium highlights. Saw some people changing highlights throughout the match. Found it very odd and off puting from the flow of the game
                  ??????
                  Last edited by adil; 08-02-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I've never played online either (put off by all the horror stories on this forum!) but I can imagine that'd be annoying if people were messing about with highlights.

Comment

I play mostly historical-type series (I usually add or change a few players - see my post on SA v Pak). It takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to post the squads and 15 to 30 minutes for a days play. I then give it a break and do something else. Sometimes a Test gets played in one day but two or three is more usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X