Avoid ATG (Online Player)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    saviopaes I've deleted ithrowlikeagirl from the server for abuse. Thank you for reporting.

We're in discussions on an option for disabling game chat.
    Thank You, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
      Until the disconnection issues are resolved I can't see any reason to play online, it just promises frustration and wasted time.
      Have you played online since 1st September? This was when all online users were forced to use the latest version of the game to play online. The last patch contained an online stability fix, which during my testing of online was much more stable and I didn't experience the instability issues from before that fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Have you played online since 1st September? This was when all online users were forced to use the latest version of the game to play online. The last patch contained an online stability fix, which during my testing of online was much more stable and I didn't experience the instability issues from before that fix.
        No, I haven't. I did have some stability issues which seemed to be my end and it would be great if that was the only issue. I tried a handful of games, with the only completed game being a loss! I had issues where my connection seemed to drop out while attempting a rematch but the biggest issue was getting in strong positions and my opponent messing about. A couple of times they disconnected but a few more times they just left me hanging and when I finally gave up after 10-15 minutes I seemed to be given a disconnection! Once you get a handful of those against your name it's understandably harder to get people to play you.

It would be a nice addition to the game but until there is a system in place that uses the DLS method to determine a likely outcome and award points accordingly I don't see the point. There would also have to be some way of gaining points if your opponent is in a really poor position and disconnects during the first innings. I had people on 100-8 and such like when they dropped out, if a player is in a statistically poor position then they should lose that game outright.

Sorry. Stropping.

As for abusive players and those who appear to be maliciously using other player's older team names, that appears to be the sad position almost everything internet based is in.

I think you do a great job of trying to keeping it clean and a making it a good environment for everyone and I also see that it is really hard to allow for disconnections and varying internet speeds. Thanks for all of that.
        Last edited by cde; 09-10-2021, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I have given the online game another try, with more success with regards to drop-outs but a bit less in regards to remembering to double check my team! I played two T20 matches with a few players I didn't intend to field but that is down to operator incompetence. I also played a good 4 day game and all went well.

Just one question, when you play another domestic team should it be possible for them to field several long retired players? I played Shewag11 and his team contains Shewag, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Ganguly...

I took a beating but that was more to do with dropping Tendulkar in single figures only for him to hit a match defining total.

Should you be able to pick these players? If they have found a way around that it isn't great but if it also allows their performance to be enhanced that is an even bigger issue.

Comment

I have given the online game another try, with more success with regards to drop-outs but a bit less in regards to remembering to double check my team! I played two T20 matches with a few players I didn't intend to field but that is down to operator incompetence. I also played a good 4 day game and all went well.

Just one question, when you play another domestic team should it be possible for them to field several long retired players? I played Shewag11 and his team contains Shewag, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Ganguly...

I took a beating but that was more to do with dropping Tendulkar in single figures only for him to hit a match defining total.

Should you be able to pick these players? If they have found a way around that it isn't great but if it also allows their performance to be enhanced that is an even bigger issue.
            I believe I have an answer to that. He says (when I questioned him about those players) that the players are just renamed to his fancy. It didn't look like to me-coz he bashed around my bowlers, like an actual Sehwag or Tendulkar (on game) would do. I disconnected on him, logged in back and gave him a telling off. I absolutely do not tolerate cheaters/cheating/abuse n the likes.

How much truth is there to that - I do not know, but I for one WILL NEVER PLAY user/team name SEHWAG11. His team is un-realistic.

Comment

Check the player profiles, he has just renamed his players to his favourites, it’s not actually them

Comment

I'll pay closer attention to the player info next time!

I don't mind the loss, I dropped a key player in about the second over and I found that my T20 batting line up that I suspected to be iffy is...iffy! On a pretty flat pitch I had to take my chances, and didn't.

My problem with the batting is that I have so little access to my best players that I have no idea of combinations or, because of the hundred getting lumped in with the T20 stats, how good they really are.

Comment

Played a guy called Raja and he had six all rounders like this:

He claims he hasn't edited his team... but I've never seen any player this good online. And he has six of them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post

He claims he hasn't edited his team... but I've never seen any player this good online. And he has six of them.
                    I read these forums and keep myself quiet but I can't stay silent on this one I'm afraid. Whether or not galvatron's opponent is cheating let me point something out to everyone:

Now take a look a bit closer at the screenshot he posted and study the apps he has open on his machine, yes that icon is Cheat Engine, the app that can edit most computer games. It does what it says on the tin, it allows you to cheat. The number 1 online player of CC2020 has slipped up here hasn't he! Maybe you want to tag Sureshot again as you like to when you are accusing everyone else my friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ce.png
Views:	197
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	77738

Comment

Wasn't Galvatron openly admitting last year to using a version of the editor available on another site that was unblocked and therefor let him view his opponents player abilities? I'd call that cheating too.
                      Last edited by Lynx54321; 10-13-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                        Wasn't Galvatron openly admitting last year to using a version of the editor available on another site that was unblocked and therefor let him view his opponents player abilities? I'd call that cheating too.
                        Spot on. Even if you are not using the editor to actually edit your own players you can do the following which is equally cheating:

1) See the values of your opposition players mid-game, enabling you to know which bowlers to target. You could say you could do this by averages but averages can be deceiving depending on player ages and the strength of the opposition they play offline.

2) In the end of season contracts window you can check the potential ability of all the youth, knowing which are the best ones to sign.

Comment

I downloaded the cheat engine to see this guy's players... so now I do have the Cheat Engine. I didn't download it in time to see what his player's stats were.

I had it for part of the time on 2020... maybe from around April 2021? and have not had it until yesterday on 2021...

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post

I played two odi against him yesterday. In first odi he scored 500+ and bowled me out 120 ods next match he was 90/6 then 150/9 and finished scoring 240 and bowled me out in 140 again. his no 11 was a decent batsman too and all 5 bowlers were unplayable. absolutely unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by ICC_Fan View Post

I played two odi against him yesterday. In first odi he scored 500+ and bowled me out 120 ods next match he was 90/6 then 150/9 and finished scoring 240 and bowled me out in 140 again. his no 11 was a decent batsman too and all 5 bowlers were unplayable. absolutely unreal.
                              I'm not sure, if 'a free spirited' player is the right word to use. I've played against him too, won a test in under 4 days with aggressive-v.aggressive batting - I guess he's just like that, it works for him. So, I wouldn't doubt him. As far as editing his team, doesn't look like it. He told me he scored 600 in an ODI once, so 500 looks small in comparison.
                              I'd just say, you have to have to be 'on the ball' when you play against him-one slip up and you're finished. I lost a 20 over game to him in the 20th over - mainly my over-confidence and he casehd in with 18 to get. So well... the more you play him, the more you' will understand his psyche.

Comment

I just played an online game to see what it was like. Played against Aussian and I was just about to win and he DC.
                                no wonder I dont play online
                                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
                                X