Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2021 Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ManInShorts View Post
    Playing through Steam.

    Bowler took 10 for 132 and 7 for something in the same match (can't remember runs for 2nd innings, and I am now in the next season).
    Team Records show 10 for 132 as best bowling in an innings, but best bowling in a match is an 11 for from another match (same bowler).

    ...and probably not a bug...
    I have yet to see an appeal for a stumping given not out.
    and Wilted

    I've looked at this before and wasn't able to break it, it could be a combination of innings number. Can you remember what number innings in the match the wickets were taken in? (ie, what combination 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

      Can you send me the save in a PM?
      Yep, just sent now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

        and Wilted

        I've looked at this before and wasn't able to break it, it could be a combination of innings number. Can you remember what number innings in the match the wickets were taken in? (ie, what combination 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)
        I believe it was 2nd (10 for) and 4th (7 for) - but I am not certain.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

          and Wilted

          I've looked at this before and wasn't able to break it, it could be a combination of innings number. Can you remember what number innings in the match the wickets were taken in? (ie, what combination 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)
          I'm pretty sure my 20 wicket haul from CC20 was 2nd/4th but I can't confirm more recent instances. My current 13 wicket user record was also 2nd/4th for what it's worth but there was one lot of match figures better that was not recorded.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

            and Wilted

            I've looked at this before and wasn't able to break it, it could be a combination of innings number. Can you remember what number innings in the match the wickets were taken in? (ie, what combination 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)
            For the one I raised a few months back, it was 9 in the 2nd innings and 7 in the 4th.

            Is there any significance to the issue being 16 wickets or more (as appears to be the case)?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post
              Just had a slightly strange one in a T20 game. I was bowling, first over of the innings, and having quite a good over, having taken wickets with the first two balls! The third and fourth balls, both bowled at the no.5 batter as the two wickets had been lbw then bowled, were both called wides. The batters took a run off that second wide; however, the run did not register in the score. The next ball ended with the a run-out at the strikers end with the batters attempting a quick single, so the poor no.5 was run out showing no balls faced (which is I think correct by the laws of the game as both the balls he faced were wides)!

              So while the latter stat was correct, obviously the run taken off the wide not registering must be a bug. I haven't noticed that happening before, though I don't watch ball-by-ball highlights so there's a possibility it might have done and I just haven't noticed. I only noticed on this occasion because I was confused as to why the no.5 batter was run out when the score hadn't changed so I assumed it was still him facing. I took a copy of the save at the end of the over if it would be helpful to see.
              I noticed something similar a week or so ago. Again, I only looked closer as I'd removed a different batsman to the one I thought was out. Having said that, I can't remember ever seeing extra runs off a wide.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by asf View Post

                I noticed something similar a week or so ago. Again, I only looked closer as I'd removed a different batsman to the one I thought was out. Having said that, I can't remember ever seeing extra runs off a wide.
                It was certainly a strange one as it went wide on the off side and the wicketkeeper caught it! Obviously IRL there is no way the batters would have even thought about a run in that situation in the middle of the innings, never mind successfully take one without being run out!

                Comment


                • Please let me know if this is a 'my end' problem or a widespread issue: some database screens seem to take a very long time to load, sort and take action. I've found sorting by catches can take upward of a minute to sort when using a large field of data but I've just tried my hand at a Indian domestic career and it is taking 5+ minutes to just change the screen from OD stats to FC stats and even longer to offer a contract. Windows even prompts me to kill the application due to taking so long. It seems to happen when there's a large field (all players, Indian contract screen, etc) and when a non-standard stat is being used (catches/stumpings, contract$, etc.).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wilted View Post
                    Please let me know if this is a 'my end' problem or a widespread issue: some database screens seem to take a very long time to load, sort and take action. I've found sorting by catches can take upward of a minute to sort when using a large field of data but I've just tried my hand at a Indian domestic career and it is taking 5+ minutes to just change the screen from OD stats to FC stats and even longer to offer a contract. Windows even prompts me to kill the application due to taking so long. It seems to happen when there's a large field (all players, Indian contract screen, etc) and when a non-standard stat is being used (catches/stumpings, contract$, etc.).
                    My first look at this, it takes my machine about 7 seconds to sort by Catches/Stumpings when in Player Records and selecting All Records with all Retired players selected, this is with an Indian save.

                    In the contracts screens with an Indian save it takes about a second to change from FC to OD.

                    Something doesn't sound right here:

                    1) Has CC 21 always done this or is it relatively recent?
                    2) Have you opened Task Manager and monitored the resources your machine uses when doing this?
                    3) The install may have corrupted, it's unlikely but who knows.

                    Right click on Cricket Captain 2021 in Steam Library and select Properties
                    Go to Local Files, then select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

                    4) What are your machine specs? It almost makes me wonder if there's a hardware issue.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

                      My first look at this, it takes my machine about 7 seconds to sort by Catches/Stumpings when in Player Records and selecting All Records with all Retired players selected, this is with an Indian save.

                      In the contracts screens with an Indian save it takes about a second to change from FC to OD.

                      Something doesn't sound right here:

                      1) Has CC 21 always done this or is it relatively recent?
                      2) Have you opened Task Manager and monitored the resources your machine uses when doing this?
                      3) The install may have corrupted, it's unlikely but who knows.

                      Right click on Cricket Captain 2021 in Steam Library and select Properties
                      Go to Local Files, then select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

                      4) What are your machine specs? It almost makes me wonder if there's a hardware issue.
                      I timed the transitions on a fresh Indian fileto avoid exaggeration, same parameters as you on a fresh Indian save:
                      Generating available contracts after the renew contract screen: 1:38
                      Generating other team's contracts: 0:35
                      T20 to Test on stat screen: 2:05
                      Sort by catches/stumpings: 0:07 (surprising since this has crashed out on me before on older versions)
                      All other transitions were almost instant.

                      The three longer ones bought up the Windows "program not responding" message but resolved itself with no input from me.

                      1) The above transitions have always been lengthy for CC21, especially when sorting on All Players but it wasn't until playing a recent Indian career that it caused consistent "not responding" messages.
                      2) CC21's normal gameplay show up at ~4-9%, idling at ~3% and peaked at 27% when going through lengthy transitions.
                      3) Steam validated the cache, I might try reinstalling on the weekend just to see what happens though.
                      4) 16GB memory, Nvidia GeForce MX250, half a TB of free space . Machine itself is just over a year old and runs more graphic intensive games such as Jedi Fallen Order and Cricket 22 without too much stress.
                      Last edited by Wilted; 02-23-2022, 01:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wilted View Post

                        I timed the transitions on a fresh Indian fileto avoid exaggeration, same parameters as you on a fresh Indian save:
                        Generating available contracts after the renew contract screen: 1:38
                        Generating other team's contracts: 0:35
                        T20 to Test on stat screen: 2:05
                        Sort by catches/stumpings: 0:07 (surprising since this has crashed out on me before on older versions)
                        All other transitions were almost instant.

                        The three longer ones bought up the Windows "program not responding" message but resolved itself with no input from me.

                        1) The above transitions have always been lengthy for CC21, especially when sorting on All Players but it wasn't until playing a recent Indian career that it caused consistent "not responding" messages.
                        2) CC21's normal gameplay show up at ~4-9%, idling at ~3% and peaked at 27% when going through lengthy transitions.
                        3) Steam validated the cache, I might try reinstalling on the weekend just to see what happens though.
                        4) 16GB memory, Nvidia GeForce MX250, half a TB of free space . Machine itself is just over a year old and runs more graphic intensive games such as Jedi Fallen Order and Cricket 22 without too much stress.
                        To confirm, it's still slow after validating the cache?

                        Also, this has nothing to do with graphics intensity.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

                          To confirm, it's still slow after validating the cache?

                          Also, this has nothing to do with graphics intensity.
                          Yes, I did those timings after validating. Also all game files are stored on an internal SSD if that might make a difference.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wilted View Post

                            Yes, I did those timings after validating. Also all game files are stored on an internal SSD if that might make a difference.
                            Do you know what your CPU is? If not:

                            Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
                            Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter

                            You should be able to see your CPU in the diagnostics there. If your machine is that new, I can't see it being an issue.

                            Do you run any gaming recording/overlay software? We've had problems with this in the past (as we use Open GL not DirectX, not everything plays nicely with Open GL), albeit I've not noticed it so much more recently.

                            One thought along this line of thinking, do you notice a difference if you run in full screen vs windowed mode?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

                              Do you know what your CPU is? If not:

                              Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
                              Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter

                              You should be able to see your CPU in the diagnostics there. If your machine is that new, I can't see it being an issue.

                              Do you run any gaming recording/overlay software? We've had problems with this in the past (as we use Open GL not DirectX, not everything plays nicely with Open GL), albeit I've not noticed it so much more recently.

                              One thought along this line of thinking, do you notice a difference if you run in full screen vs windowed mode?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-26 102927.png
Views:	75
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	78316
                              Typically I have web browser open in the background but even with nothing else open, the load times for those transitions are just as lengthy. Never any recording/streaming in the background.

                              I do run in windowed mode but the same load times were there after restarting in full screen.

                              Only other thing that might be worth mentioning is sometimes 'menu' animations seem to extremely fast. Things like the coin toss animation, changing innings on the scorecard, etc. Even some screens such as this one seem to transition twice in the time it take to do a single click. Hopefully this video shows what I mean.
                              https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...transition.mp4

                              If this does turn out to be an anomaly on my end, it's no big deal. There's only a few instances where the long transition times occur and they are easy enough to avoid.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wilted View Post

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-26 102927.png
Views:	75
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	78316
                                Typically I have web browser open in the background but even with nothing else open, the load times for those transitions are just as lengthy. Never any recording/streaming in the background.

                                I do run in windowed mode but the same load times were there after restarting in full screen.

                                Only other thing that might be worth mentioning is sometimes 'menu' animations seem to extremely fast. Things like the coin toss animation, changing innings on the scorecard, etc. Even some screens such as this one seem to transition twice in the time it take to do a single click. Hopefully this video shows what I mean.
                                https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...transition.mp4

                                If this does turn out to be an anomaly on my end, it's no big deal. There's only a few instances where the long transition times occur and they are easy enough to avoid.
                                I wonder if this is a hardware acceleration issue caused by a forced setting. I know you are on an Nvidia GPU and Intel CPU. What version of Windows?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X