X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2021 Database Feedback

Hi guys,

Please keep all database feedback in here.

If judging player ability, please wait at least a couple of seasons preferably off a few saves. Player abilities are dynamic, so if x was y in Cricket Captain 2020, they won't be y in 2021.

Bowling speeds are:

RF > RMF > RFM > RM

One known issue which will be fixed in the next DB update is Ben Compton. He's currently South African on the Steam version, he'll be English after the next update.

Please don't multiple post, it makes threads bigger than they need to be. You can edit your posts Hilal8844554499 . I've merged your posts.

Comment

devdutt Padikkkal is doing very good in real life in terms of form.
      but he is not in Banglore line up.

Varun Chakravathi & T.Natrajan are international players now with good abilities, but they aren’t given preference in the lineup.

shardul Thakur ,Washington Sundar & Prasidh Krishna should have more ability and be a front runner for international teams .

Pujara isn’t a T20 player and instead of him Suresh Raina should come as front runner for the spot in Chennai team . Same to Deepak chahar & S.Thakur . They should get preferred in the starting line up instead of H.Reddy & K.Gowtham.

Ravi bishnoi & Murugan Ashwin should be preferred instead of Jalaj Saxena & Saurabh kumar in punjab team.
      Chetan Sakaraiya should be in starting line up of rajasathan team .
      sharukh Khan is a bigger hitter for Punjab now , he should also be in the ideal starting line up and have increased ability.

D.Karthik is also not in the ideal line up of Kolkata.

Mohammed Siraj has proved and established him in the last year through international cricket . But he isn’t getting preferred in Banglore team .

Sanju Samson should have increased ability too.

Comment

This an reply from Indian Database sub-forum , pasting it again here for your reference.
        Hyderabad
        Pick Natarajan instead of Siddharth Kaul.
        also pick Vijay Shanker in the team to start with league.
        Banglaore
        Pick siraj instead of Saini.
        Kolkata
        Karthik should be in the team.
        Chakravarty should be pick.
        Chennai
        Pujara should be not playing pick Uthappa if south africa player unavailable.
        Rajasthan
        nerf Markande selection from team.
        instead of Rawat pick Parag.
        instead of Jalaj pick Ravi Bishnoi.
        Saurabh Kumar should be not in starting team

you can easily check these information by comparing with real life playing XI and stats

Comment

Walallawita isn't an overseas player for Middlesex, he's a local as far as I know.

I'm still not sure if he's English qualified now, but I think he's very close to that. He's English in Hotfix 6.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by royzan92 View Post
            Walallawita isn't an overseas player for Middlesex, he's a local as far as I know.
            I'm not so sure, this article suggests he's close to a GB passport, but I can't see anything since:

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

I'm not so sure, this article suggests he's close to a GB passport, but I can't see anything since:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/m...ngland-1256780
              I was watching a four day game earlier in the season and pretty the commentators discussed this and you're correct. He's not qualified yet however maybe should be in game given he will be soon and in game Middlesex will probably release him and he'll disappear if he stays as overseas?

Comment

What would be a nice touch? Viv RIchard's always wears a cap, not a helmet.

Comment

Would be great to see one of Australia's only Indigenous players in the first class players - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gilbert_(cricketer)

Comment

Some early notes from a Zimbabwe career:

Player Notes:

Zimbabwe:

Tanaka Chivanga is Zimbabwean (available for Zimbabwean selection, but listed as South African- he is also probably RMF/RF rather than RFM) Changed to RMF and Zimbabwean.

Edward Byrom (Zimbabwe) is listed as Irish He's currently playing in England on an Irish passport, looks like he wants to play for England in the future.

Roy Kaia bowls offspin rather than RM Changed

Kyle Jarvis has retired from international cricket due to serious injuries Now fully retired, now an ATG in the database.

Ryan Burl should be average aggression/aggressive rather than defensive as a batsman (known for his big hitting, decent strikerates) His Strike rates aren't particularly great. 70 in List A, Domestic 20 Over isn't bad, but that's quite a bit lower at International 20 Over level.

Blessing Muzarabani appears to be underrated- he is Zimbabwe's best and most promising seamer. His ability matches that statement.

Craig Ervine's batting appears to be underrated , he can barely score a run in game and in reality is one of Zimbabwe's better batsmen Fair call, have improved.

Wesley Madhevere and Ryan Burl both have underrated bowling (both are very expensive in game, Burl takes wickets however, Madhevere does not) Fair call, improved both with a significant improvement for Madhevere.

Dion Myers has underrated batting. He should have high potential at the least (and should be automatically selected in squads) Improved

Jonathan Campbell (Zim) should probably be an allrounder, he bowls 4-5 overs per game in List-A cricket and has good stats so far. Liam Roche (Zim) should also be an allrounder (he bowls 7-8 overs a game in List-A cricket) Changed both to all-rounders

Pakistan:

Hasan Ali's batting is very good- I'm unsure if he is in great form or is overrated He's a little over-rated in game with the bat, I've nobbled him slightly.

Sajid Khan (Pakistan) probably shouldn't be an allrounder. He bats at 10 in-game and averages 16 in FC cricket. Changed

Bangladesh

Mohammad Mithun (Ban) seems overrated. He hit 3 consecutive matchwinning and extremely quick 80s against Sri Lanka followed by a brilliant century. Sounds like he had good form for that series, his ability is fair, but not super special.

Mahmudullah has just retired from tests He played a Test earlier this month though, I think we'll have to leave as is.

Ireland

George Dockrell (Ire) is now a batting allrounder, not a bowler. His batting needs a massive upgrade and he should be batting at 4-5 rather than 9. He also should not be bowling 10 overs in an ODI. He has averaged over 100 with the bat in the Irish List-A competition this year. I've changed him to an all-rounder and improved his batting.

Kevin O'Brien (Ire) has retired from ODIs, but not other formats. He's played a few ODIs this summer, his in-game retirement from ODis will have to wait until next year.

Netherlands

Pieter Seelar (NL) has underrated batting. He should be batting well ahead of Tim van Der Gugten (batted 4 in the recent ODI Series against Ireland, albeit with a few NL players missing). I've improved Seelaar.

Afghanistan

Rashid Khan should be batting ahead of Qais Ahmad in all formats. So either Rashid's batting is underrated, or Qais's is overrated. Nobbled Qais.

Team Selection Notes:

Pakistan

Pakistan are selecting Azhar Ali, Fawad Alam, and Nauman Ali in their T20I side which seems like an AI selection error. Sarfraz Ahmed and Agha Salman also being selected. Yes, a bug with some selection code, fixed in a recent update.

Saud Shakil (uncapped) is being selected in the test side. He looks to be a mighty prospect for the future.

Bangladesh

Mominul Haque is being selected in the Ban ODI side, he barely plays ODIs these days and is not currently in contention for a spot. He is also not being picked in the test side. He is their captain and arguably best batsman, he should be selected ahead of Mithun in tests. Are you sure there wasn't an injury to Haque? His rating is pretty solid compared to MIthun.

Liton Das (Ban) usually bats at 6-7 rather than 3 in tests Tweaked

Mustafizur (Ban) is being selected in tests ahead of Ebadot Hossain (who should be poorly rated but in the side) Tweaked

Bangladesh select 4 spinners and then do not bowl 2 of them (in a test Taijul Islam bowled 2 overs and Shakib did not bowl at all)

Abu Jayed (Ban) should not be selected in ODIs, at least initially. Tweaked

Sri Lanka

Lasith Ambuldeniya (uncapped) is being selected in the Sri Lankan ODI side. He should be around the squad but probably not in the first XI yet. Tweaked

Ireland

Simi Singh (Ire) should be in the Irish XI, he is one of their best players and a regular starter (seems to play some games but not others) Tweaked

West Indies

Sunil Ambris is getting selected in the T20I side which seems unlikely

Jason Holder is batting ahead of Andre Russell in T20Is Tweaked

Australia

Alex Carey is opening ahead of Aaron Finch in T20Is in game (Finch is batting at 5). In real life Finch opens. Tweaked

South Africa

Wayne Parnell is playing ODIs (seems very unlikely to occur) Will fix.

Netherlands

Logan Van Beek should be selected in the Dutch side, he has returned from NZ to play for them Tweaked

Ackermann, Van der Merwe, and ten Doeschate should also be selected when available Tweaked

General Notes:

Random associate sides qualified for the 2021 T20 World Cup rather than the ones which did in real life. Also, ZImbabwe (suspended in real life) are listed to play in the tournament.

When rain occurs the screen says '15 minutes lost' when the entire session is washed out (extremely minor bug).

It's great to see teams not always enforcing the follow-on.

An unusually high number of wickets seem to fall in the first over of tests and ODIs

The ODI match engine feels much more dynamic, there is a good mix of singles and boundaries, and also the occasional really big over

Great work as usual developers!
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I've bought the pc game and am going through Durham as part of my pre-season. I've noted a few things that should arguably be changed:

Will Young is an opener I believe. He opened this season for Durham and then at 3 for NZ in the 2nd test against England.

He's spent most of his career at 3.

Jack Burnham is more average than defensive as a batter. All his Strike rates are defensive, 20 Over SR is 89.

Ned Eckersley's batting order preference should be at around 5 or 6 rather than 3. Changed to 7.

Ben Raine is perhaps a RMF, he is listed on cricinfo as this. There are variations in how bowling speed is interpreted. From what I've seen, he's a low 80s swing bowler.

Liam Trevaskis is perhaps an average aggression for batting rather than V.Def. It depends if this aggression has any bearing on limited over cricket because there he is much more aggressive. 20 Over SR of 100 is pretty low, FC SR of 36, he'll stay as V Def for now.

Brydon Carse is definitely RF. He regularly bowls in the high 80s mph and touches low 90s frequently. For England, he was mid to high 80s. Good bowler, but he's not as quick as Mark Wood.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWhoBlocksFullTosses View Post
                        Some early notes from a Zimbabwe career:

Player Notes:

Zimbabwe:

Tanaka Chivanga is Zimbabwean (available for Zimbabwean selection, but listed as South African- he is also probably RMF/RF rather than RFM)

Edward Byrom (Zimbabwe) is listed as Irish

Roy Kaia bowls offspin rather than RM

Kyle Jarvis has retired from international cricket due to serious injuries

Ryan Burl should be average aggression/aggressive rather than defensive as a batsman (known for his big hitting, decent strikerates)

Blessing Muzarabani appears to be underrated- he is Zimbabwe's best and most promising seamer.

Craig Ervine's batting appears to be underrated , he can barely score a run in game and in reality is one of Zimbabwe's better batsmen

Wesley Madhevere and Ryan Burl both have underrated bowling (both are very expensive in game, Burl takes wickets however, Madhevere does not)

Dion Myers has underrated batting. He should have high potential at the least (and should be automatically selected in squads)

Jonathan Campbell (Zim) should probably be an allrounder, he bowls 4-5 overs per game in List-A cricket and has good stats so far. Liam Roche (Zim) should also be an allrounder (he bowls 7-8 overs a game in List-A cricket)

Pakistan:

Hasan Ali's batting is very good- I'm unsure if he is in great form or is overrated

Sajid Khan (Pakistan) probably shouldn't be an allrounder. He bats at 10 in-game and averages 16 in FC cricket.

Bangladesh

Mohammad Mithun (Ban) seems overrated. He hit 3 consecutive matchwinning and extremely quick 80s against Sri Lanka followed by a brilliant century.

Mahmudullah has just retired from tests

Ireland

George Dockrell (Ire) is now a batting allrounder, not a bowler. His batting needs a massive upgrade and he should be batting at 4-5 rather than 9. He also should not be bowling 10 overs in an ODI. He has averaged over 100 with the bat in the Irish List-A competition this year.

Kevin O'Brien (Ire) has retired from ODIs, but not other formats.

Netherlands

Pieter Seelar (NL) has underrated batting. He should be batting well ahead of Tim van Der Gugten (batted 4 in the recent ODI Series against Ireland, albeit with a few NL players missing).

Afghanistan

Rashid Khan should be batting ahead of Qais Ahmad in all formats. So either Rashid's batting is underrated, or Qais's is overrated.

Team Selection Notes:

Pakistan

Pakistan are selecting Azhar Ali, Fawad Alam, and Nauman Ali in their T20I side which seems like an AI selection error. Sarfraz Ahmed and Agha Salman also being selected.

Saud Shakil (uncapped) is being selected in the test side.

Bangladesh

Mominul Haque is being selected in the Ban ODI side, he barely plays ODIs these days and is not currently in contention for a spot. He is also not being picked in the test side. He is their captain and arguably best batsman, he should be selected ahead of Mithun in tests.

Liton Das (Ban) usually bats at 6-7 rather than 3 in tests

Mustafizur (Ban) is being selected in tests ahead of Ebadot Hossain (who should be poorly rated but in the side)

Bangladesh select 4 spinners and then do not bowl 2 of them (in a test Taijul Islam bowled 2 overs and Shakib did not bowl at all)

Abu Jayed (Ban) should not be selected in ODIs, at least initially.

Sri Lanka

Lasith Ambuldeniya (uncapped) is being selected in the Sri Lankan ODI side. He should be around the squad but probably not in the first XI yet.

Ireland

Simi Singh (Ire) should be in the Irish XI, he is one of their best players and a regular starter (seems to play some games but not others)

West Indies

Sunil Ambris is getting selected in the T20I side which seems unlikely

Jason Holder is batting ahead of Andre Russell in T20Is

Australia

Alex Carey is opening ahead of Aaron Finch in T20Is (Finch is batting at 5)

South Africa

Wayne Parnell is playing ODIs (seems very unlikely to occur)

Netherlands

Logan Van Beek should be selected in the Dutch side, he has returned from NZ to play for them

Ackermann, Van der Merwe, and ten Doeschate should also be selected when available

General Notes:

Random associate sides qualified for the 2021 T20 World Cup rather than the ones which did in real life. Also, ZImbabwe (suspended in real life) are listed to play in the tournament.

When rain occurs the screen says '15 minutes lost' when the entire session is washed out (extremely minor bug).

It's great to see teams not always enforcing the follow-on.

An unusually high number of wickets seem to fall in the first over of tests and ODIs

The ODI match engine feels much more dynamic, there is a good mix of singles and boundaries, and also the occasional really big over

Great work as usual developers!

Finch is opening and Carey was at 5 recently.
                        ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post

Finch is opening and Carey was at 5 recently.
                          I was unclear. I meant that Carey was opening in game, and Finch was batting at 5 in game. In real life Finch opens and Carey usually bats at 5-7.

Comment

Some notes from an Ireland career:
                            • The Ireland v Zimbabwe series in August 2021 has 5 T20s scheduled, in the game there are only 3
                            • Kevin O'Brien has retired from ODI He has, but he's also played some matches this summer.
                            • George Dockrell is now a batting all rounder, bats at 5 for Leinster and Ireland and smashed South Africa's bowlers yesterday Changed
                            • Peter Moor has moved from Zimbabwe and is now playing inter provincial cricket in Ireland and will be eligible for Ireland from next year
                            • Josh Little should be LMF, he bowls high 80s mph Changed
                            • Graham Kennedy has changed from bowling seam and now bowls SLA, has bowled well in the inter pros and been called up to the Ireland squad Changed
                            • Ross Adair bowls SLA, not LM Changed
                            • Josh Manley is RFM, not LM Changed
                            • David O'Halloran is RFM, not RM Changed
                            • Stephen Doheny is an aggressive batsman, not Def 20 over SR is decent, but FC and list A are very much defensive. I think we will leave him as is for now.
                            • Jeremy Lawlor and Nathan McGuire have scored quickly this season, shouldn't be V.Def Both have pretty slow Career SRs, have changed McGuire though as he had less data before this season.
                            • Shane Getkate and Mark Adair should be aggressive batsmen Changed Adair, Getkate doesn't really have high enough SRs to go up to aggressive.
                            Please make these changes, thanks for the game.

Thanks for the feedback.
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Quite a few issues with Ireland

Dockrell needs a major boost with his batting, and role changed to either Batsman or All-Rounder. He bats 4-5 now and has been the best bat in Irish domestic cricket this season. Overbowled In game too Changed to all-rounder and batting improved.

Graham Kennedy is now a Left arm orthodox bowler, and a genuine allrounder, bats lower middle order. Now SLA and all rounder.

Nathan McGuire needs a potential boost, and an aggression change to normal aggression. Changed to average, his potential looks fair.

Tim Tector is a batsman, not anything other than a part timer with the ball. Batting needs a boost. Changed.

Jeremy Lawlor needs an aggresion change from v.def to either def or normal. Not convinced yet.

Stephen Doheny is a keeper. Changed

Curtis Campher isn't even making Ireland Squads at the start of the game He's being picked in all 3 squads for me, sounds like he might have been injured in your save.

James McCollum is an opener in FC cricket Changed

Simi Singh bowling needs a boost, as he's Ireland's main spinner now. Absolutely crucial to Ireland irl but largely average in game. Has been improved.

Eddie Byrom retired from all internationals, but I don't know why.He's playing on an Irish passport in English Domestic cricket

Ross Adair is a SLA, not a medium pacer. Should bowl more in game.Changed

PJ Moor has announced his intention to play for Ireland. He should either be listed as Zimbabwean and retired from internationals or Irish with a ban until qualification. Same goes for Murray Commins, Luke Georgeson, Graham Hume, Ruhan Pretorius. We can't ban people from just international cricket.

Craig Young and Josh Little are Ireland's best pacers by a way. Neither are automatic selections. Little needs a major potential boost. I've improved Little, Young's ability is good, only reason he'd not get picked would be an injury I'd imagine.

Barry McCarthy is Ireland's 4th best pacer and has not played a single match for Ireland in game.Tweaked.

Gareth Delany is overbowled in One Day matches, and batting needs a slight boost. Tweaked bowling, batting looks fair.

Tyrone Kane basically plays every match, this is not the case in real life. Tweaked

Matt and Greg Ford, Jack Carty, Mike Frost, Aaron Cawley should be added to the player pool

Patrick Tice appears to be the 2nd best Irish keeper. He's behind about 5 other keepers Irl. Tweaked

Lorcan Tucker needs an aggression change from v.def to average None of his SRs are particularly good, don't agree.

Ryan Hunter needs a massive ability nerf. Changed

William McClintock is in the actual Irish squad irl but isn't even in the game.

Andrew Balbirnie is awful in game, but very good in real life. His batting ability is strong in game, one of the best Irish players.

Shane Getkate plays for Ireland too often. He's a peripheral member of the squad. Bowling needs a nerf. Tweaked

Graeme McCarter is very poor in game. He's in the Ireland squad irl. Agreed, improved.

David O'Halloran and Conor Olphert need a bowling boost, they're awful in game but are among the most promising youngsters.

A few older players are hanging on in the DB despite not really playing domestic cricket: Marc Ellison, Andrew Britton, David Rankin

Ellison played a couple of times last season, has he retired?

Looks like Britton has moved on, he's played an ODI so I've made him an ATG.

Rankin played a few times last season, has he retired?

For Australia:

Marnus Labuschagne's average has taken a massive hit. His ability is fair in game.

Harry Conway is overrated IG. Plays ahead of James Pattinson for Australia. I've tweaked Conway and Pattinson.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X