Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28th July 2019: Derbyshire vs Lancashire
    Vitality Blast North Group
    Lancashire won the toss and elected to bat first.

We ring the changes for this next match: Reece, Hughes and Palladino are all in for Brodrick, Dal and Rampaul.

XI: John Copperfield+, Bill Burton, Matt Critchley, Wayne Madsen, Leus du Plooy, Billy Godleman*, Luis Reece, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Lancashire: 94-9 (20 overs - Stanlake 4-23, Palladino 2-14)
    Derbyshire: 95-2 (15.1 overs - Burton 42*; Onions 2-24)

Derbyshire won by 8 wickets
    MOTM: Billy Stanlake (Derbyshire)

Finally a t20 win. Stanlake bowled an outstanding new-ball spell, reducing Lancashire to 40-5 after eight overs. They never recovered, with all bowlers impressing, including Hughes' 3-0-5-0. We were comfortable with the bat and got home with five overs to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRobbo View Post
      Great story mate. Really enjoying following your progress, tempting me to start one of my own
      Thank you very much, I'd more than likely keep an eye on how you're doing if you were to start one. Glad you're enjoying this.

Comment

31st July 2019: Worcestershire vs Derbyshire
        Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

No personnel changes are made for this one, only a switch in the batting order: Critchley is demoted to number six, Godleman is set to bat at three.

XI: John Copperfield+, Bill Burton, Billy Godleman*, Wayne Madsen, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Luis Reece, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Derbyshire: 126-5 (20 overs - du Plooy 29*, Critchley 29; Brown 2-28)
        Worcestershire: 127-5 (17.3 overs - Moeen 46*; van Beek 2-11, Palladino 2-17)

Worcestershire won by 5 wickets
        MOTM: Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)

Really not enjoying this Blast campaign. The batting lineup is simply not good enough to be able to attack for the whole innings, we need to sign at least a few aggressive batsmen during the winter to even have a chance of competing in this competition next year.

Comment

2nd August 2019: Northamptonshire vs Derbyshire
          Vitality Blast South Group
          Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Even if we wanted to make changes, we couldn't, due to the lack of batsmen we have at the club. The winter is going to be vital for recruiting players, as well as deciding on which players simply aren't good enough.

XI: John Copperfield+, Bill Burton, Billy Godleman*, Wayne Madsen, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Luis Reece, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Northamptonshire: 188-3 (20 overs - Rossington 110*; Stanlake 2-33)
          Derbyshire: 99-9 (20 overs - Cotton 4-12)

Northamptonshire won by 89 runs
          MOTM: Adam Rossington (Northamptonshire)

For me, this match just sums up how broken t20 is on this game. One Day cricket has slowly been improved, but this just seems to be about luck, and if you don't have the players then you have no chance, no matter how good you actually are at the game. This competition's just becoming a slog now and I honestly can't wait to get this over and done with.

Comment

Go Derbyshire!

Comment

9th August 2019: Derbyshire vs Durham
              Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bat first.

After a welcome week off, we return to action against Durham, who have been about as awful as us so far. More tinkering with the batting order but no changes in personnel.

XI: Billy Godleman*, Bill Burton, Wayne Madsen, John Copperfield+, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Luis Reece, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Derbyshire: 116-8 (20 overs - Raine 3-17, Weighell 2-20)
              Durham: 118-4 (15.3 overs - Bancroft 37*, Short 35)

Durham won by 6 wickets
              MOTM: Ben Raine (Durham)

Just about had enough for now. Seems that no matter what I try, we'll end up with a bad score. Throughout the middle of the innings, I batted on just six aggression bars, just trying to keep wickets in hand, but it was no use: either I'm not good enough, the team is not good enough, or the game is broken. Think it's most likely all three.

Comment

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                Just about had enough for now. Seems that no matter what I try, we'll end up with a bad score. Throughout the middle of the innings, I batted on just six aggression bars, just trying to keep wickets in hand, but it was no use: either I'm not good enough, the team is not good enough, or the game is broken. Think it's most likely all three.[/SIZE]
                I can completely empathise with you. About every time I start a new career the FC matches are fun but the limited overs are painful. Derbyshire was always going to be a challenge though! I have started two career modes, with sides a lot stronger than Debryshire, and am having the same problems as you in both of them!

Like you said it is a matter of needing to recruit the right players. The end of season becomes the most exciting part of the game after enduring all those collapses and watching your bowlers getting thrashed to all parts! By about the third season I find you start winning consistently. Good luck!
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

I almost feel guilty for suggesting you go with Derbyshire, its a completely different game when you play with a small county in Div 2, at least you have stuck to it longer than I would have.
                  Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                    I can completely empathise with you. About every time I start a new career the FC matches are fun but the limited overs are painful. Derbyshire was always going to be a challenge though! I have started two career modes, with sides a lot stronger than Debryshire, and am having the same problems as you in both of them!

Like you said it is a matter of needing to recruit the right players. The end of season becomes the most exciting part of the game after enduring all those collapses and watching your bowlers getting thrashed to all parts! By about the third season I find you start winning consistently. Good luck!
                    Cheers Bryce, really enjoying the FC at the moment, but just need to get these t20s over and done with. Really looking forward to the winter and can't wait to start being competitive with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
                      I almost feel guilty for suggesting you go with Derbyshire, its a completely different game when you play with a small county in Div 2, at least you have stuck to it longer than I would have.
                      Don't feel guilty! I'm actually enjoying this so far (t20s aside) and looking forward to improving the team over the next few years.

Comment

11th August 2019: Yorkshire vs Derbyshire
                        Yorkshire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Watt replaces Reece, with the pitch expected to turn.

XI: Billy Godleman*, Bill Burton, John Copperfield+, Wayne Madsen, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Mark Watt, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Derbyshire: 162-6 (20 overs - Copperfield 68, Madsen 60; Coad 3-22)
                        Yorkshire: 165-8 (19.4 overs - Willey 52, Bresnan 32*; Stanlake 3-28, Watt 2-29)

Yorkshire won by 2 wickets
                        MOTM: David Willey (Yorkshire)

An improved performance despite defeat. We could have easily collapsed at 16-2, but Copperfield and Madsen put on 98 together to get us up to a respectable total. Through Stanlake's fiery opening spell, we reduced Yorkshire to 36-5 and probably should have capitalised, but Willey scored quickly along with Bresnan to see Yorkshire home.

Comment

13th August 2019: Derbyshire vs Worcestershire
                          Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

We are unchanged after a more encouraging performance vs Yorkshire.

XI: Billy Godleman*, Bill Burton, John Copperfield+, Wayne Madsen, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Mark Watt, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Worcestershire: 186-6 (20 overs - Fell 51, Barnard 48*; Watt 2-39)
                          Derbyshire: 141 (19.2 overs - Madsen 35; Leach 3-24, Brown 3-26)

Worcestershire won by 45 runs
                          MOTM: Tom Fell (Worcestershire)

Ah, so we're back to our usual performances then.

Comment

15th August 2019: Derbyshire vs Leicestershire
                            Leicestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Godleman has struggled so far so is replaced by Reece.

XI: John Copperfield+, Bill Burton, Wayne Madsen*, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Luis Reece, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Mark Watt, Tony Palladino, Billy Stanlake

Derbyshire: 82 (18 overs - Abbas 3-11, Griffiths 3-18)
                            Leicestershire: 88-3 (13.2 overs - Kerry 35)

Leicestershire won by 7 wickets
                            MOTM: Gavin Griffiths (Leicestershire)

Another embarrassing performance, with only three batsmen even reaching double figures, Critchley top-scoring with 21. Leicestershire chased it down easily.

Comment

16th August 2019: Nottinghamshire vs Derbyshire
                              Nottinghamshire won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Gleadall makes his t20 debut for Derbyshire, replacing Palladino. Reece is promoted to open.

XI: Luis Reece, John Copperfield+, Bill Burton, Wayne Madsen*, Leus du Plooy, Matt Critchley, Alex Hughes, Logan van Beek, Mark Watt, Alfie Gleadall, Billy Stanlake

Derbyshire: 142-8 (20 overs - Burton 39, du Plooy 28*; Wood 4-31)
                              Nottinghamshire: 143-3 (18.2 overs - Clarke 66, Slater 55*; Stanlake 2-14)

Nottinghamshire won by 7 wickets
                              MOTM: Joe Clarke (Nottinghamshire)

Thankfully, we have another Championship game next, followed by just three more Blast matches. Nearly over with!

Comment

Well done Mate, you are showing great resilience, I've just started a save with Durham so I'm expecting a lot of pain too!
                                Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X