Struggling to score runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to score runs

Hi. This is my first time in many years playing Cricket Captain. I recently downloaded the iOS edition but I’m finding it near impossible to win games. The main issue is I just can’t score runs.

Take a look at the images attached. An ODI for Eng v Pak. The first image is the 40th over. Ben Stokes bats out a maiden. Then in the 45th over, Jos Buttler plays out 5 dot balls before scoring a single. As you can see, the aggression levels are set to high. Why aren’t they trying to score more runs? It’s not even like they’re playing and missing?

The only thing I can think is that because they are relatively new to the crease, they simply aren’t willing to try and score. But if that’s the case, then the game is flawed. At this stage of the game, those players would give themselves a couple of balls and then go big. I could understand if they were trying to be aggressive and getting out because they weren’t settled, but they aren’t even trying to score.

Does anyone one have any advice? Either the game is flawed, or I’m just bad at it. Either way, it’s not particularly fun to play at the moment.

It's not as easy to constantly rack up 300+ as England, India, Australia etc make it look in real life, looks like you're on for about 270 there which isn't a bad total to defend at all.
    I have to say I don't see much wrong with that example - Root and Stokes both going at more than a run a ball, whereas Buttler isn't settled at the crease. As devastating a batsman as he is, everyone needs time to properly settle, even in T20s!

Maybe it's good bowling that's stopping your batsmen from scoring and not poor batting? I'd imagine as you got to the last couple of overs with the aggression setting maxed out, that's when they really started to go for it.
    Last edited by DaveRobbo; 06-16-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

The thinking is that it will all even out over time. So for every 24 run over you will need a two run over, and so forth. Plus other things that were mentioned such as bowler quality and pitch conditions need to be factored in. I have seen conditions read well, such as in your screenshot, but play like absolute minefields. What it says on that screen is more like a guide.

You have presented such a tiny sample size that it is difficult to give you any assessment at all. Check out my Pakistan world cup video story under the stories section if you want some more in depth guidance.
      Last edited by bryce87; 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X