County Championship Toss Rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Championship Toss Rules?

Just wondering why the CC Toss regulations (uncontested if away team chooses to bowl) have not been included in the game, this is the second season these rules have been in force.
    Also the English Domestic contracts need an overhaul, you should be able to sign or offer either Red or White ball contracts to Domestic players as IRL most squads now have players that are signed for either format.
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Good question. I just checked on it while recording.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I thought this one would have been a given.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

I'm checking with the guys on this now. Not sure how complex it will be to get the AI to pick when the right time to bowl first is, etc.

Comment

Right, no concern on the AI aspect, Andy is looking at the UI changes that would be needed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Right, no concern on the AI aspect, Andy is looking at the UI changes that would be needed now.
          Thanks for looking into it, I thought it would be quite hard to implement as it was designed to counteract home teams preparing green tops/bowler friendly and rolling teams over before it flattens out, it is hoped that the rule will encourage better 4 day pitches.

Comment

This is in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              This is in the next patch.
              Your a star.

Comment

I explained this in the other thread, but I don't really follow County Cricket in real life. What exactly are the change in rules?

Comment

Originally posted by powercord84 View Post
                  I explained this in the other thread, but I don't really follow County Cricket in real life. What exactly are the change in rules?
                  Hi there mate, Always good to hear from Aussies on the forum.
                  Basically the away team can now choose to bowl first if he wishes without the toss being contested, if the away team doesn't want to bowl then a normal toss takes place. The rule was brought in a couple of years ago in the hope that counties would produce better 4 day pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post

Hi there mate, Always good to hear from Aussies on the forum.
                    Basically the away team can now choose to bowl first if he wishes without the toss being contested, if the away team doesn't want to bowl then a normal toss takes place. The rule was brought in a couple of years ago in the hope that counties would produce better 4 day pitches.
                    Cheers!

That's a great idea regarding the rules for the toss though. Although definitely helps the away team if there's a particularly cloudy first day I imagine!

Comment

Working...
                    X