X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Originally posted by steelback View Post
    Some subtle tweaks to try and get the AI to pick Moores. Don't really want to change Duckett to a part-time keeper, as then Notts only have 1 full-time keeper, and Duckett would probably un-rust his skills if Moores got injured for a few months.[/B]
    Yes I agree with that Nige, Duckett has kept this season for an innings when Moores got a knock.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
    Please do something about Virat Kohli, I've been playing for a year now, and he's terrible... No ODI centuries over 30 odd matches... Using exactly the same aggression as Rohit, Dhawan and while they've scored over 10 centuries in the same number of matches with averages over 70, Kohli has 6-7 fifties with an average of 30 in the same time!
    In the top 3 best batsmen in the world, in the top 3 best batsmen in the game.

Leave a comment:

• ruby23
    replied
    Please do something about Virat Kohli, I've been playing for a year now, and he's terrible... No ODI centuries over 30 odd matches... Using exactly the same aggression as Rohit, Dhawan and while they've scored over 10 centuries in the same number of matches with averages over 70, Kohli has 6-7 fifties with an average of 30 in the same time!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
    No they were not injured.

For the November tour of India, Shakib made the 18 man test match squad but Mahmudullah did not. Shakib was left out of the XI though so did not even play a test.

Both of them are playing limited overs though. Shakib's case probably has something to do with the AI not liking balanced allrounders in test matches. Taijul is getting picked to partner Mehedi when Shakib should be picked as a frontline spinner, as well as batting in the top six.
    Hmm, Shakib made my 13 man Test squad. Anyway, rather moot, as I just wanted to check on the injury bit. I've made adjustments for the AI to pick those guys.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Changed Pujara to a 20 over opener only.

I've made some AI tweaks to the Bangladesh team and improved Mahmudullah. Shakib and Haque were getting picked in a 13-man squad when I checked this. Were they injured/unavailable?
    No they were not injured.

For the November tour of India, Shakib made the 18 man test match squad but Mahmudullah did not. Shakib was left out of the XI though so did not even play a test.

Both of them are playing limited overs though. Shakib's case probably has something to do with the AI not liking balanced allrounders in test matches. Taijul is getting picked to partner Mehedi when Shakib should be picked as a frontline spinner, as well as batting in the top six.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
    With the new patch here is the AI's squad for Bangladesh's first post world cup test match
    Click image for larger version Name:	bang.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	66069
    Some key omissions there with Shakib, the world's leading allrounder being the most notable. He should be making it as a batsman or bowler alone!
    Mahmudullah and Mominul Haque also should definitely be in there.

EDIT: Also Pujara is opening in test matches, so better change him to FC#3
    Changed Pujara to a 20 over opener only.

I've made some AI tweaks to the Bangladesh team and improved Mahmudullah. Shakib and Haque were getting picked in a 13-man squad when I checked this. Were they injured/unavailable?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by DanSH119 View Post
    Albeit with my Kent-tinted glasses on, Zac Crawley and Ollie Robinson seem a bit underrated with the bat. Crawley especially.
    No tinting, I think you're right, both improved.

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    So in the New Zealand system there are a bunch of South African players who are only playing here for one reason - to play international cricket (the pay is not that good!)

So could we have them all changed to NZ nationality? I see you have already done it with D.Foxcroft. The others are (with media links to verify their quest for eligibility)
    W.Ludick
    M.Nofal
    D.Conway

All changed, thanks.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MUFC1987
    replied
    Just looking at Somerset, in terms of roles etc, I think you guys are pretty close. I would probably just say that Lammonby should maybe be an all-rounder. He's more of a batting all-rounder for sure, but he's not too dissimilar to Ben Green ability wise (batsman and occasional bowler) just without being an opener.

Changed Lammoby to AR.

I haven't played enough to comment on ability in the game, but as someone else mentioned, Banton has had a break out season in One Day cricket and Bartlett is doing similar in First Class cricket, with a couple of tons to his name and some decent smaller knocks in One Day cricket to back up his ability. This might already be reflected in the game though, so if so, ignore me!

Improved Bartlett a bit, Banton already improved from earlier feedback.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alrounder80
    replied
    Fabian Allen of West Indies is shown as a batsmen and doesn't bowl any overs in-game. Irl he is a bowling all-rounder who bowls at least some overs every game and bats 7/8. Converted to an all-rounder.

Mosaddek Hossain of Bangladesh should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman and should bowl more often in-game. Irl he has bowled in every international game he has played with the exception of one game.
    That's a fair call, have changed.

Kevin O'Brien of Ireland should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman. 113 wickets in ODIs and 58 in T20Is, and currently doesn't get a bowl at all in-game.

He doesn't bowl much any more, 14 20 over internationals last year, 11 overs bowled.

Paul Stirling of Ireland should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman. He bowls often enough here and there to be considered as such (has over 200 wickets across all formats).

About 150, again, doesn't bowl much any more.

Gulbanin Naib should be a RFM as opposed to RM. he bowls 80mph+ irl.

I've been watching him in the World Cup and he's mid 70s, at best.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LastWicket
    replied
    Kent:
    Zak Crawley is an opener in first class and he should maybe also be aggressive batsman.

Changed to an opener, for now, don't agree with a change to aggressive. Some quicker innings lately, but not quite enough of a sample size

Joe Denly bats at number 3 and not opener in FC for some time now.

Changed.

Rouse is picked over Ollie Robinson as wicket keeper in all formats even though Robinson has been Billings understudy with 2 first class centuries this year. Robinson should also be average aggression and should also be picked over Alex Blake in FC when he doesn't have the gloves.

Changed Robinson to average and significantly improved his batting.

Matt Milnes is never picked even though he is Kent's leading wicket taker this year.

Improved Milnes.

Kuhn has never opened for Kent and usually bats at 4 or 5 now.

Changed

Bell-Drummond hasn't opened in FC since mid point on last season. Not sure if he should be made middle order or not. He does seem to bowl more now in FC and LA games, but don't think he is an alrounder.

Hmm, dropped DBD to OD/20 over opener.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by biggy09 View Post

Any word on this? Or is it more of a bug, should I go to that thread?
    Bugs would be more appropriate, Chris is investigating this in conjunction with the possibility of adding rain-affected OD games, which he's done backroom legwork on, which will hopefully allow addition of in a few weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• steelback
    replied
    Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
    Great work on the update Nige, Just being picky now
    Mainly AI selection issues. NOTTS - the AI seems to select Opener Duckett as the wicket keeper, thus not selecting our IRL 1st choice gloveman Tom Moores.
    NORTHANTS - Luke Proctor hasn't opened since being at Northants he bats at 7 or 8. Vasconcelos has opened this season with either Newton or Curran.
    LEICS - The AI selects IRL reserve wicket keeper Harry Swindells as opener, Ateeq Javid has opened with Horton in every 1st Class match this season, Lewis Hill is 1st choice Keeper. Also Hasan Azad is not an overseas player, he was signed from Loughborough Uni and was previously at the Notts Academy, also he is not an opener, he has batted at 3 in every FC game this season.
    If memory serves, Luke Procter did open for Northants a couple of times last season, but that was perhaps in an emergency because there wasn't anyone else (it was before Ben Curran had been signed I think). I also seem to remember quite a big thing being made over Ben Duckett "having" to keep for one match last year (I forget which), suggesting that he is a bit rusty in any case and could potentially be switched to a keeper-batsman - if only to solve the Tom Moores problem. Just two thoughts, though - nitpicking is indeed the word...

Some subtle tweaks to try and get the AI to pick Moores. Don't really want to change Duckett to a part-time keeper, as then Notts only have 1 full-time keeper, and Duckett would probably un-rust his skills if Moores got injured for a few months.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    With the new patch here is the AI's squad for Bangladesh's first post world cup test match
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bang.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	66069
    Some key omissions there with Shakib, the world's leading allrounder being the most notable. He should be making it as a batsman or bowler alone!
    Mahmudullah and Mominul Haque also should definitely be in there.

EDIT: Also Pujara is opening in test matches, so better change him to FC#3
    Last edited by bryce87; 06-03-2019, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Great work on the update Nige, Just being picky now
    Mainly AI selection issues. NOTTS - the AI seems to select Opener Duckett as the wicket keeper, thus not selecting our IRL 1st choice gloveman Tom Moores. Hmm, this is a tricky one.
    NORTHANTS - Luke Proctor hasn't opened since being at Northants he bats at 7 or 8. Vasconcelos has opened this season with either Newton or Curran. Reverted Procter to a normal all-rounder.
    LEICS - The AI selects IRL reserve wicket keeper Harry Swindells as opener, Ateeq Javid has opened with Horton in every 1st Class match this season, Lewis Hill is 1st choice Keeper. Also Hasan Azad is not an overseas player, he was signed from Loughborough Uni and was previously at the Notts Academy, also he is not an opener, he has batted at 3 in every FC game this season.

Changed Azad to English and middle order.

Changed Ateeq to opener-all rounder.

Tweaked Hill and Swindells
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X