Youth players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth players

I have played through 8 seasons as Sussex captain and although I have had my youth investment at full all this time,I am not producing any decent players and also at the end of the season there is never any decent youth to sign.
    in older versions of the game I was able to sign players with 2nd 11 batting averages of 80+ and bowlers average of 10 but now the best I can find is 70 batting average and 16 bowling.
    Is any one else finding this ?

A few releases ago the developers toned back the quality of regens. In past editions you could find regen batsmen/allrounders with 100+ 2nd team averages and bowlers/allrounders with -10 bowling averages. That has been changed to better reflect reality.

In the current version I have been through about eight different saves and here are my findings. Please bear in mind that some information could be wrong, and I will be happy to be proved wrong, but to the best of my own knowledge is correct.

The Pakistani and South African regen pool is far superior to every other country. If you like to play the game because you like nurturing regens (like me) then I recommend starting a game in one of these competitions instead. The pool of players available in these competitions is huge and diverse after a few seasons. The Indian system produces good batsmen and wicketkeepers but their bowlers and allrounders are never as good as those regenerated in Pakistan and South Africa. Every other country is poles apart from these three in my experience and you will see this as the game progresses.

The highest 2nd team FC averages I have seen is about 85 bat and 12 ball. These were both in the South African domestic league Unlike previous versions the allrounders have much more variability, although this seems to be mostly limited to Pakistan and South Africa who also the only countries capable of producing class genuine allrounders, although since the last update I have seen a couple of OK ones pop up in Australia.

Youth investment also seems to be quite messed up in this version. If you put $50,000 in for a year of youth training it seems to make no difference to putting $10,000 a year. In past versions this made a difference but in this one it is wasted money. I do not think that I have ever had a world class regen pop up in my own pool. I am unsure what the developers have tinkered with here.

Also a lot of youth players completely bypass the youth section and go straight into the domestic pool. I am yet to work out exactly why some do this and some do not. Generally the best youth players I have found have been those in the domestic pool.

Youth players in the domestic pool are always listed first in their category of player whether they are a batsman, keeper, allrounder [opening allrounders are with batsmen] or bowlers. They are also listed in order of their skills. For example in the domestic pool the highest rated youth batsmen will be at the top of the screen, the highest rated bowler will be the first listed bowler, and so on.
    Last edited by bryce87; 09-03-2018, 10:08 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply,it has slightly taken some fun out of the game as I use to get so excited signing top young talent and seeing them score bags full of run.
      maybe I should try south Africa and see if I find what you have.
      Anyway I hope the developers change this as once you have played around 5 seasons you can not really take the team any further.

Comment

Working...
      X