More examples on how the AI cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More examples on how the AI cheats

On an uneven turning pitch I'm bowled out for 284 and yet they reach 300 for 3 on the same uneven turning pitch. My bowlers almost completely uneffective even with the most bowler friendly pitch possible.

Stokes, Anderson, Broad are supposed to be England's best bowlers. Wood is certainly international standard. I accept Leach is an unknown but still he's played a test before and this is a spinning wicket so he should be more effective.

I think the game takes the player controlled players and halves their stats and skills while doubling it's own.

Since in my last post one person said they'd only seen results like that in the Google Play version, I've included a screenshot of my steam screen proving this is a legit steam version.

What are you setting your batting aggression/tactics to? If you've got one bowler bowling particularly well in favourable conditions you should unlink your aggression and target the weaker bowlers, look to lower your aggression in the run up to intervals or when a batsmen has been "in" a while as fatigue can be a problem. If one batsmen is doing particularly well I like to give him more of the strike on a lower aggression setting and allow others to play around him.
    Equally when there's an established batsmen batting with the tail/recognised bowler I make sure the bowler/tail ender is on a reduced setting and the senior partner takes priority.

In terms of bowling, have you tried looking at the batsmen's strengths and avoiding them? So if for example the batsmen has a front foot offside preference, once they get "in" have you tried bowling short and on the legside (with field set accordingly) to starve them of their favourite shots and force an error or a shot which they aren't as comfortable with? Bowlers perform best at medium aggression to a balanced field, but it's always worth attacking a new batsmen until they become settled at 15/20 runs. Spin bowlers take a bit longer in a spell to become settled but again if you're bowling at someone with a spin preference they aren't going to be as effective.

Comment

There is no AI cheating, the game does not halve player stats while doubling it's own player's abilities.

Comment

That's a funny post. Think about what you're saying. For what possible reason would the AI cheat? For the prestige of beating you? Do you think the developers are sitting at home rubbing their hands together and saying, "Ha, ha, we win again!" as a grumpy customer decides not to buy next year's version? In reality all you're doing is exposing how terrible your skills are in such favourable conditions. Still, it happens. My village team would not bowl and international side out in those conditions either for the simple reason that we're rubbish.

Comment

Have you stopped to think maybe you’re just not very good at the game

Comment

The AI doesn't cheat. I've thought about making the AI have a disadvantage but I think most people appreciate that the game is challenging and want the players to play to the same abilities that you have. If you're struggling, try following some of the hints and tips on the manual pages (F1 or three finger press). There are also some great guides on this forum or on the Seam guides pages. Maybe start on easy level for a while until you get the hang of it.

Comment

Working...
            X