No announcement yet.

T20 gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also rock solid on "'easy" which is a bit bizzare. On easy without custom fields but still tinkering tactics you could still beat "lower" teams. But now suddenly in this version you can't.
    Why make one area of the game significantly harder than the others?

Comment

Have had a fantastic amount of success in the T20 format. Got Australia to number one within two seasons (currently in Feb 2022) and have remained there ever since, special thanks to Jhye Richardson for this (77 wickets at 12 from 36 matches). You're obviously going to have the odd terrible game but I find you've just got to keep tinkering. My go-to plan is to bowl Behrendorff out from the get go, bowl Richo in the final over of the powerplay (his strike rate for me is a drool-worthy 10) and then pull him straight out. Every new batsman gets two slips until they get to 10 runs, then I drop aggression by 1, at 15 runs I drop it once more and at 20 I spread the field.

I also like to switch bowlers a lot (contradicts earlier point on Behrendorff I know), my bowlers have to be well on top or taking wickets to get more than a two over spell.

My openers start out on full aggression, my number 3 comes in at one bar off full. 4 and below two off full. Each ten balls, I raise it by one until its maxed. I can't guarantee these things will work for you but to put things into perspective I retired Aaron Finch years ago and since handing D'Arcy Short a baggy green he hasn't been sighted in the format.

Edit - I also MUCH prefer chasing, almost always.

Comment

Having in-form players is a critical aspect to success in career mode also I find. I can have an all-star team but if they are not in form average in-form teams can still beat me.

I also have lots of success in T20 mode and my NZ side has been #1 for a few years. Batting aggressively is key but also be aware of the conditions as the better the conditions the more aggressively you need to bat when setting a total and vice versa. One thing I have noticed is that spinners seem to get hit a lot easier than seamers in T20 so I rarely ever play more than one spinner. I also try to get all my spin overs done between overs 6-15.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X